Proof that Lightning could be a MAN in disguise!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Proof that Lightning could be a MAN in disguise!

User Info: GZay2Stay

GZay2Stay
10 years ago#1
http://wiki.theppn.org/images/9/92/CELLT.jpg

The above is the Japanese Visual kei band "CELLT". The person on the far left is a cross dressing guy.

For those who want a closer look, here's another image of him:

http://cellt.net/img/profile/kokoro_big2.jpg

This topic was made for people who say it's impossible for Lightning to be a tranny, futa or cross dressing guy in this game. Wake up, it is possible. End of debate.
----
FFXII > FFX.
FFX was a linear interactive movie. FFXII was a video game with a vast explorable world.

User Info: FinalMetalHalo

FinalMetalHalo
10 years ago#2
Aiya GZay
So to conclude, you are now reading FMH's signature. Have a nice day
Other aliases: Square One, TheSiluminator, Deadalous, RIPmyprsoul - not on here though ;-)

User Info: GZay2Stay

GZay2Stay
10 years ago#3
Aiya GZay

Hey! :-)

Just trying to put an end to the denial of these cross dress haters.
FFXII > FFX.
FFX was a linear interactive movie. FFXII was a video game with a vast explorable world.

User Info: Chibi Kami

Chibi Kami
10 years ago#4
...IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!
Admiral Ackbar quotes aside, the outfit he's (you're certain that's a guy?) wearing in the upclose pic is actually kind of cute. I think I'll steal it for a character I'm drawing.

Gzay, here is exactly why Squeenix will never make a distinctly homosexual, transsexual, transgendered, or hermaphroditic hero in a Final Fantasy title:
America, a major market for the franchise, IS BIGOTED! Making a character like that the lead in a series known for exploring human emotions and relationships forces a romantic interest which many Americans are completely unwilling to accept as a valid life choice.
Those of us who are willing to accept that it's a valid life choice would, more often than not, rather not watch it happen (after all, what two men consensually do to eachother in private is their own business, but I'd still rather not get any details).

Making such a character the lead would alienate over 3/4 the game's audience, from uninformedly bigoted punk teens to the decidedly bigoted jock wannabe gamers to the hardest of the hardcore geeks such as myself who simply wish to ignore that part of the world, not to menton seriously piss off religious zealots nation- and worldwide. You want to see how easily Catholics get pissed off? Read this (seriously, this one's funny):

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/07/its_a_goddamned_cracker.php

And that's just over a eucharist. A single freakin' cracker which ritualistically represents a skin fleck from the body of Christ. How do you think they'll react when their children are exposed to sexually mature situations in a franchise which has garnered a reputation for, if not strong moral content, a more or less safe virtual environment and storyline for people under the age of 13 (I know the series is typically rated T, but the ESRB has always been a bit overprotective. My cousin has played a couple of them and she's only 11).

tl;dr
If you want the option (keyword) to indulge in a homosexual or otherwise sexually bizarre relationship in a game, a la Fable, I support that.
If you want the game to force such a relationship upon the player, the mainstream public, including myself, would be alienated by it (well, I might go for some shoujo-ai (^^), but most of America would still be against it).

Now, if people can avoid flaming him, Gzay might actually read all this (hopes against hope).
Namco, stop f'ing up your RPGs please.

User Info: SentinelBurrito

SentinelBurrito
10 years ago#5
America, a major market for the franchise, IS BIGOTED!

And dammit, we like it that way.

I still don't see how this is proof though. The man is pretty obviously a man in drag.
"ITT, unfounded, baseless reasoning by someone whose descendants I will hate for three generations."- Minjo Master

User Info: FinalMetalHalo

FinalMetalHalo
10 years ago#6
Frankly, no one wants to have a game where the main character is a whiny drag queen. It wouldn't matter if the character is a hunky bisexual alien who has to conquer his own demons though ;-)
So to conclude, you are now reading FMH's signature. Have a nice day
Other aliases: Square One, TheSiluminator, Deadalous, RIPmyprsoul - not on here though ;-)

SentinelBurrito
10 years ago#7
Subtract the bisexual part and you just described Cecil.

Although I suppose one could say there was something between him and Kain.
"ITT, unfounded, baseless reasoning by someone whose descendants I will hate for three generations."- Minjo Master

User Info: Allen Tax

Allen Tax
10 years ago#8
^lol...yeah as many want to say to Cloud and Zack, Snake and that wuss guy. Billy & Prisoner 666.Zell & Sipher.Fate & Cliff.

Chibi Kami...yeah choose to.Yeah.....LOL......um. Japan does make gay games.RPG, Adventure & tactical.Other coutryies have to.It is just america in the sense to it.Well there are some gay able games done in america, but most most likely never heard of them.One i remember got a christan backlash, due to gay mmg characters can do gay wedding in the game. Got pulled off.

Gzay, here is exactly why Squeenix will never make a distinctly homosexual, transsexual, transgendered, or hermaphroditic hero in a Final Fantasy title:
America, a major market for the franchise, IS BIGOTED! Making a character like that the lead in a series known for exploring human emotions and relationships forces a romantic interest which many Americans are completely unwilling to accept as a valid life choice.
Those of us who are willing to accept that it's a valid life choice would, more often than not, rather not watch it happen (after all, what two men consensually do to each other in private is their own business, but I'd still rather not get any details).

^
There is no reason not to.Fear controls humans. I guess you haven't noticed in games sent to America. There are some gay.Shadow series.Breath of fire series. but most are closeted gay clished characters, even a transsexual one.

Chibi Kami...yeah choose to.Yeah...forces it. No..straights have been forcing there crap down for ages to everyone else, yet you don't usually see us bee-ing about it.Yeah one chooses to be straight, but can be gay the next day.Yet many can't comprehend there stupid logic.

Japan does make gay games.RPG, Adventure & tactical.Other coutryies have to, as France.It is just America in the sense to it.Well there are some gay able games done in America, but most most likely never heard of them.One I remember,reading from a gay news site.It got A christan backlash, due to the gay mmg characters can do gay wedding in the game. Got pulled off.

Making such a character the lead would alienate over 3/4 the game's audience, from uninformed bigoted punk teens to the decidedly bigoted jock wannabe gamers to the hardest of the hardcore geeks such as myself who simply wish to ignore that part of the world, not to mention seriously piss off religious zealots nation- and worldwide. You want to see how easily Catholics get pissed off? Read this (seriously, this one's funny):

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/07/its_a_goddamned_cracker.php

^
Wow.That is old...how people react like that. Thankfully I don't see that much. Sad amusement..but still sad.

And that's just over a Eucharist. A single freaking' cracker which ritualistically represents a skin fleck from the body of Christ. How do you think they'll react when their children are exposed to sexually mature situations in a franchise which has garnered a reputation for, if not strong moral content, a more or less safe virtual environment and storyline for people under the age of 13 (I know the series is typically rated T, but the ESRB has always been a bit overprotective. My cousin has played a couple of them and she's only 11).

^

Please...religion has done nothing good positive really to of sex or anything related to it.Only thing it has done little to, is to no sex till marrage.It be better to also they enforce condoms. Because straights marriage break up is high.Is as to some sex is love.Then again it is SIN-Ful to others........Get a grip comes to mind. And have some common sense to situations.Is as anyone kissing somewhere. Don't like it, move, ignore it period.

You know there are gay geeks out there. There is even a gay geek web site. Hell if a geek and like trek, there is an actual gay star trek site.

"You guys deserve A medal" Paine.Is A guy-like guys ONLY period!

SentinelBurrito
10 years ago#9
Don't encourage GZay. If he thinks someone agrees with him, he'll never stop.

Assuming GZay is a he, and not a Daniel.

User Info: Knight_Auron

Knight_Auron
10 years ago#10
I dunno whats more sad. Eureka Seven or this topic.

http://www.freewebs.com/knight_auron/
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Proof that Lightning could be a MAN in disguise!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived