Which patch is the closest to the orginal game ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 2
  3. Which patch is the closest to the orginal game ?

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
4 years ago#1
I just want to play a english patched version of the game that is the closest to original. I know there a offline single player and a online.

Which patch do I apply to the original game that most closely resembles the offline mode ?

and which patch would I apply that most closely resembles the online mode ?
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit

User Info: monceblank

monceblank
4 years ago#2
Imo, if you want the closest as the original, pick the english alt (without any +).
then, you can play offline (LR) normally or you can play online (HR) quests with codebreaker. but you can't play gold ian or silver los.

Or, pick the alt2+. it has gold ian and silver los, with the least overall quests and reward modification.
Damn.. i start to lose interest in Games
I must've getting old
(message deleted)

Kano92
4 years ago#4
I don't have a codebreaker by the way. I've been doing some reading and starting with MHDOSA2+ would be to hard some say, and to start with reg MH2A to gain exp then play MHDOSA2+. If I start with MH2A how long should I play this version before I start the more complete MHDOSA2+ version are saves transferable ? I just don't want to play the same missions again. How should I go about this, whats the best way to play this great game ? I want to do it right without getting all angry cause the game is to hard.

thanks
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit

User Info: Vaxsan

Vaxsan
4 years ago#5
The game wasn't designed to be played in High Rank right off the bat. As most games, you have to climb a ladder by improving your own personal skills and understanding about the game, as well as in-game things like equipments.
So, you should start with offline quests first, beat it (unlock and clear all quests), and practice til you kill monsters easily, or at least get a variety of good equipments. Then you can start hunting in HR quests, wich are much much harder.

Also, maybe it's not possible to beat the game if you start with A2+, because you have to unlock quests in offline mode for their respective replaced patch quests to be available. If it's possible, the process will be very frustrating.

Yes, you can use the same save file for all versions.
http://www.youtube.com/VaxsanBR
http://mh2db.atwebpages.com/

Kano92
4 years ago#6
Okay start with then how should I start then ?

MHDOSA then MHDOSA2+ is this fine ?

or play these three like this

MHDOSA - MHDOSA2+ - MHDOSA3+ this way ?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 2
  3. Which patch is the closest to the orginal game ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived