• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  3. I love how dirty this game looks.

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
5 months ago#1
That’s something I’ve always thought about it, even before I played it. I would look at the artwork when I was younger and think about how much more realistic it seemed as an adventure, if everything looked so dirty and dusty and grimy.
Peace and crackers!

User Info: OhHiRenan

OhHiRenan
4 months ago#2
Twilight Princess’ art style is often brushed off for adhering to the bloom & brown of its generations, but I’d argue TP is one of the best examples of that grungy, “dirty” aesthetic– like you said.

The actual landscapes are very put together with color design that’s fairly unique for The Legend of Zelda. I also love how the character design strikes a balance between realism and fantasy. Twilight Princess’ models and concept art have always struck me as the natural evolution of the series’ N64 aesthetic.
http://i.imgur.com/KxJQD.jpg
My Final Fantasy VII Remake Review: http://www.cubed3.com/review/5905/1/final-fantasy-vii-remake-playstation-4.html

User Info: flat_tyre

flat_tyre
1 week ago#3
Agreed, when I played the N64 Zeldas this was how I imagined the future games to look. In my mind I would try to imagine what the new games would look like, and it was pretty much a dead copy of what you see in Twilight Princess. I never begun to imagine the cartoony route of Wind Waker, I still remember the outcry when it was announced and I have to admit I wrote it off at the time, too. Of course WW ended up being great but the sheer excitement I felt when I finally saw TP announced - it was like they were *finally* releasing the sequel I wanted to see. The TP announcement trailer was probably one of the most exciting gaming memories I have, and it was all down to the grittier, dirtier style.
~ A BOOTS WAS PILFERED! ~
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  3. I love how dirty this game looks.
  • Post New Message

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 48 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 887 Questions (887 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A