• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  3. Why did this game get a T rating?

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
1 year ago#1
I don't think it was any more violent than Ocarina of Time, and that was E. It was creepier, but I think it should be E10+. Majora's Mask also got an E rating and it was just as dark as Twilight Princess. Is it just oversensitive ESRB employees? Like how Skyrim was rated M?
Metroid Prime is canon. Let the flame war begin.

User Info: CaptainSprink

CaptainSprink
1 year ago#2
Blood. The boss of the Lakebed Temple bleeds into the water whenever you stab at its eye, and Ganon sheds blood from his chest wound as he charges around the Hyrule Castle throne room. It's not normal-colored blood in either case, but I think the fact that it's explicitly being shed (as opposed to Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker having stuff on the floor or walls that may have been blood) is what gives the game a T rating.

As for Majora's Mask, that game may have had a dark subject matter, but it didn't show anything that was especially graphic. (Like Zant snapping his neck, for example.) It was actually pretty tame in that aspect, even when compared to Ocarina of Time.
I bring death to any message board topic.

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
1 year ago#3
@CaptainSprink Nice sig
Metroid Prime is canon. Let the flame war begin.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  3. Why did this game get a T rating?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A