• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  3. Can I play this without a guide?

User Info: tadpole11

tadpole11
3 years ago#1
I'm about to start playing this game soon. I played it to about 80% back in the day, but never finished it. So I'm going back in for the full monty.

Do I need a guide for this game? Either a physical guide, or an FAQ? I would probably rather track down an actual strategy guide because I hate FAQ-scouring, especially in a Zelda game. I'd rather just explore the game and wing it (I've played tons of other Zeldas) but I don't want to miss anything crucial. I remember for example missing one or two gold skultula's in Ocarina of Time that I couldn't go back and get, if I remember right. Anything like that in here?

User Info: funyarinpa999

funyarinpa999
3 years ago#2
If you mean "are there any permanently miss able things" not really, no. But scoring perfect on some minigames can hurt you down the road when grinding money. That's the only thing that comes to mind for that question. Beat your current record on a minigame, get a decent prize. get perfect score, get great prize, then only bad prizes afterward for any less than perfect. Come back and get perfect after you dont need money anymore, probably after buying magic armor. Only exception is for when it's a piece of heart as a prize, and theres a fortuneteller who can tell you if there is one.
the only thing I might recomend a guide for, really, is collecting Poe souls (this games gold skulltulas) since they're only available at night in most cases. Even then, the prize for getting them all is not that great (NPC will fill your wallet, at a point in the game when you probably don't need to buy anything else)

Side note, you should be able to go back and get those gold skulltulas. There weren't any places you can't re access in OoT.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  3. Can I play this without a guide?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A