• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  3. love this game for not containing gauges next to, or anywhere near the %

User Info: wishseeker234

wishseeker234
3 months ago#1
I don't really enjoy the growing complexity of the series from 4 onwards. Gauges seems unfair because you got a resource that only one character can access and it seems to lead to poor game-balancing since the system itself allows this sort of rule bending. For example, none of the newcomers in brawl got gauges, not lucario, wario, pokémon trainer, ike, pikmin & olimar, zero suit samus (her original game had one funnily enough) despite the fact they all have some sort of gimmick that could lead to them ultilizing one. compare to little mac, cloud, inkling and shulk to a degree with his stat changing monado arts. why don't veterans get the benefit of gauges huh?
common sense: the more you use use it, the less you lose it... I think.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 months ago#2
??? The hud elements are extremely useful. Adding gauges didn't change how the characters work, it just added much-needed feedback.

wishseeker234 posted...
none of the newcomers in brawl got gauges, not lucario, wario, pokémon trainer, ike, pikmin & olimar, zero suit samus (her original game had one funnily enough) despite the fact they all have some sort of gimmick that could lead to them ultilizing one.
What! What could they possibly need a gauge for?? I guess maybe wario waft, but the rest of those have no purpose for one.

Gamefaqs mods are hypocrites. They change, ignore, or misinterpret rules in any way that suits them.

User Info: wishseeker234

wishseeker234
3 months ago#3
ike's eruption could have used one
common sense: the more you use use it, the less you lose it... I think.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 months ago#4
wishseeker234 posted...
ike's eruption could have used one
Why? It's just a normal charge attack. You can't even store it.
Gamefaqs mods are hypocrites. They change, ignore, or misinterpret rules in any way that suits them.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  3. love this game for not containing gauges next to, or anywhere near the %
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A