• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  3. Why must you aim manually when fighting bosses?

User Info: Crazy4Metroid

Crazy4Metroid
2 years ago#1
This has annoyed me for some time. Even with "Lock-On Free Aim" turned off, you can't lock onto boss' weak spots and always have to aim manually. I like to fight from a distance and without the ability to lock on, I can't hit diddly squat! My hand isn't very steady due to some health issues I have and the only way I can hit anything without a lock-on is to get in close.

It's next to impossible to avoid enemy attacks when fighting up close. Why did Retro make it so Lock-On Free Aim is always on in boss fights regardless of player settings?
Ever had roasted Space Pirate? It tastes just like chicken! :D

User Info: BlanketPI

BlanketPI
2 years ago#2
Lock-On Free Aim means that while you're locked-on to an enemy, you can move the aim. Since they have that feature, they felt that they didn't need to make separate targets for each of the weak spots (seeing as you no longer have to remain still to aim for them). Of course, this then makes turning off the Lock-On Free Aim a way to almost never be able to hit the weak spots, so I guess they decided that it should be enabled for enemies with weak spots, anyway? I don't know.

I'm sorry that your hand isn't steady (I have that problem a little, but I can still aim well), but that probably means that this game (as with about half the games on the Wii in general) isn't for you. But given your name and signature, I'm guessing you're able to get by, anyway? (Plus, Hypermode makes it easier, since you can just charge and sweep, so at least there's that.)
Sorry, can't talk; switching feet!
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  3. Why must you aim manually when fighting bosses?
  • Topic Archived