• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  3. Does this game get better?

User Info: AMightyDuck

AMightyDuck
3 years ago#1
I have been playing for a couple of hours waiting for this game to start getting good (now in the last section of Bryyo), but it hasn't delivered.

First the mediocre scripted opening segments which dragged on too long.

Then the weirdly compartmentalized and small levels. Separation into different planets I can understand, but why split each planet into even smaller chunks?

Also, the puzzles in the rooms all feel repetitively similar.

The scanning visor stuff is the worst in all the Prime games. There used to be interesting lore and useful information. Now it is just dumb headed, stupid stuff. "This is a monitor. It is used to control something." "This is a monitor. It is now controlling something."

Also there is too much combat. Yippeeee! I can use the Wiimote to kill stuff. Unfortunately, the novelty wears off quickly.

This doesn't feel like a Metroid game at all so far. It feels like Zelda in space.

The graphics are nice though for a Wii game though.

I guess I set the game aside for a couple of days and trying to find motivation to keep going.

User Info: youthCAT1590

youthCAT1590
3 years ago#2
Personally I thought the entire game was great but I can understand someone not liking this one as much after playing Prime 1 & 2. I like Bryyo for the most part but I could understand someone finding it underwhelming.

My advice, keep playing. Even though I like Bryyo, I would say the game does indeed get better once you get to the next planet. The atmosphere is fantastic & it's well designed IMO. There's also another area you visit later in the game that has almost a space horror kind of atmosphere to it. Just don't go into it expecting dead space or something, lol but it's unsettling none the less.

As for the other points you addressed:

- I like the opening sequence pretty well but don't worry there's like only one other part similar to that and it's way late in the game.

- I agree with you on your second issue. While I'm fine with the way they did the planets it would've been way more awesome if you got to explore the whole planet rather than sections of the planet. Still I feel the atmosphere in certain sections make up for this.

- Also agree with you on the puzzles. They aren't as good as in the first two games but I personally find some enjoyable ones here and there. I think they mostly feel repetitive because they designed most of the puzzles with the wiimote in mind, so it's usually always going to be a puzzle using motion control, thus feeling repetitive.

- I still find the lore pretty interesting. As for the normal information, It seems the same as the 1st two games to me.

- I think they added more combat because of the hyper mode addition. Guess they figured with how OP it is, you gotta have stuff to kill with it, lol.
Smash U Main: Mega Man | Pac Man, Villager, Greninja, Shulk
Splatoon -.52 Gal Aficionado :3 | Fav Maps: Port, Walleye, Saltspray, Camp, Flounder, Hammerhead

User Info: VioletMassacre

VioletMassacre
3 years ago#3
youthCAT1590 posted...
- I agree with you on your second issue. While I'm fine with the way they did the planets it would've been way more awesome if you got to explore the whole planet rather than sections of the planet. Still I feel the atmosphere in certain sections make up for this.
The thing that bothers me is that Bryyo is the only planet where you feel that you explore the actual planet, and not some random space station.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  3. Does this game get better?
  • Topic Archived