• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  3. Can I enjoy this without having played the previous ones?

User Info: bicboi64

bicboi64
3 years ago#1
?

User Info: Kuro-chan_101

Kuro-chan_101
3 years ago#2
I don't see why not. Playing the first two would help to grasp what is going on, but I think it's 'just' enough of a standalone story that you should be fine.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpKlIc_fg <- Everything you need to know about DLC nonsense.
- 8th gen. Game Consoles = Anti-consumer. Boycott, today!

User Info: PappinAce

PappinAce
3 years ago#3
To be honest, you'll probably enjoy this even more without having played the first two. You won't have any preconceptions about how Metroid Prime games should play. Also, I don't think the story requires any previous knowledge to understand.

I would definitely recommend going back and playing Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and treat them as prequels. They're the better games IMO, because there is more emphasis on exploration and isolation. The world is also much more cohesive and interconnected, and the environments are more immersive. The style of the game is completely different; the first two are adventure games, while the third one tries to be a first-person shooter with a side of adventure.

So, if you do go back and play the first two MP games, expect MUCH less combat and shooting, and much more exploring and backtracking.
http://pappinace.deviantart.com/

User Info: GuardianKirby64

GuardianKirby64
3 years ago#4
I played Prime 3 and enjoyed it without knowing much about the Prime series in general and then bought Prime 1 afterwards. So you're not alone on it. I'd say go for it and get Prime 3 first.

PappinAce posted...
So, if you do go back and play the first two MP games, expect MUCH less combat and shooting, and much more exploring and backtracking.

^
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  3. Can I enjoy this without having played the previous ones?
  • Topic Archived