• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resistance: Fall of Man
  3. Belated warning for owners of the physical version of Resistance: Fall of Man

User Info: AnonUnknown

AnonUnknown
5 years ago#1
Sorry for being late guys, but it's something i've discovered last weekend.

Apparently the update server went down with the multiplayer shutdown. And unlike the first MotorStorm, it has yet to return. Yeah because i thought it remained online, but then someone linked me to a thread at Playstation forum, and apparently Evolution Studios had to call Sony and find a solution, because the updates were necessary for DLC compatibility. The updates then returned online and are still obtainable as of 2 years later.

Those two games didn't get patches on startup like most PSN games, but by simply connecting to the multiplayer modes.

The updates for Resistance added screenshot function, vibration support, general bugfixes and balancing, and DLC compatibility.

Now nothing is really lost forever... but only for EU players, and i wouldn't want to do that anyway. They pulled anything for that game from the store, BUT they're selling a digital version of the game, already patched and with both DLC included. It costs 15 bucks but sadly the savegame will never be compatible. In the US, there's no digital version nor they pulled anything for all the games. They're still selling the online pass for R3 lol.

I tried contacting Insomniac but so far no replies. I guess they're too busy promoting Sunset Overdrive, after they abandoned this other franchise.

So yeah if you're planning to make space in your HDD, have the physical version of the game, and want to keep the fixes, do NOT delete the data.
  1. Boards
  2. Resistance: Fall of Man
  3. Belated warning for owners of the physical version of Resistance: Fall of Man
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Black Ops FAQ_Akiba_1194/7/2014

GameFAQs Answers