• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Odyssey
  3. How long does this game take to beat for the first time?

User Info: anubis_realm

anubis_realm
8 years ago#1
While waiting for ME3 next month, I'm debating if to play ME2 a few times or take this RPG fresh basically (I got it at release and for reasons that don't matter now I never made it past the beginning of Disc 2).
I'm an experienced RPG gamer but I don't intend to use guides (I own the Prima Guide from way back) or FAQs unless I get stuck or to get Ultimate Gear (if there is any).

So I ask as the title says, how long does this game take to beat for the first time?
Without spoiling too much, is there any missable stuff?
Officially thinks Official Titles in sigs are stupid

User Info: lol_breimann

lol_breimann
8 years ago#2
I'm on the 4th disc and I'm at 32 hours played. This is with doing a minimal amount of the optional material, and knowledge up to the middle of disc 4 (I've payed it in the past).

By "missable", do you mean optional? If so - yes, there is a decent amount. Bosses, areas, minigames (for lack of a better word). Overall, I would say the game should take an average player 50-55 hours the first time around. If you're somewhat of a gamechild, somewhere around 40, and if you're the kind of person that needs to find/kill everything available... well, good luck. =P

User Info: anubis_realm

anubis_realm
8 years ago#3
lol_breimann posted...
I'm on the 4th disc and I'm at 32 hours played. This is with doing a minimal amount of the optional material, and knowledge up to the middle of disc 4 (I've payed it in the past).

By "missable", do you mean optional? If so - yes, there is a decent amount. Bosses, areas, minigames (for lack of a better word). Overall, I would say the game should take an average player 50-55 hours the first time around. If you're somewhat of a gamechild, somewhere around 40, and if you're the kind of person that needs to find/kill everything available... well, good luck. =P

By missable I meant that if you skip them, after certain point you can't get to them anymore therefore you "miss" them.
Officially thinks Official Titles in sigs are stupid

User Info: lights_out_ace

lights_out_ace
8 years ago#4
Like every side quest in Tales games. >.<
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Odyssey
  3. How long does this game take to beat for the first time?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A