• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Titan Quest
  3. got a question about the loot (regarding kingdoms of amalur)

User Info: bronze4v4pro

bronze4v4pro
7 years ago#1
I'm still thinking of picking up titan quest, but I guess the lead designer for this game is a lead designer for Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, which releases in a couple weeks.

I love loot in my rpg's, so how is the loot here? Is it really diablo esque? Is there loot that directly affects combat abilities and skills? How powerful is "end game high level" loot? What do the stats look like?
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
7 years ago#2
bronze4v4pro posted...
I love loot in my rpg's, so how is the loot here? Is it really diablo esque? Is there loot that directly affects combat abilities and skills? How powerful is "end game high level" loot? What do the stats look like?

Full affix system, plus uniques and set items. You'll get better stuff as you advance in difficulties. In the core game you can attach relics or charms to regular affix items. If you have Immortal Throne then you can also craft artifacts, some of which are quite potent. Yes, some loot affects combat skills. In fact, most skills can benefit from up to +4 points over their listed total. E.g. you can get a potency of 10/6 if you invest 6/6 points normally and have gear with +4 to skills. As for the power of end game loot... TQ is kind of funny in that some folks prefer to stick to 'green' items because they can carry relics/charms. The very final end game uniques and set items can in some cases compete though. As for stats, you'll invest in Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence. Usually folks get enough Strength/Intelligence to fulfill their intended equip requirements, then dump into Dexterity. Otherwise enemies will get critical hits on you...
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: reclinemusic

reclinemusic
7 years ago#3

the lead designer for this game is a lead designer for Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning

Aren't you thinking of elder scrolls? The designers of Titan Quest are a small group and are working on Grim Dawn.

Yes to all. Hack, slash, loot, rinse, repeat. This is one of the best looking games to do it in.
Computer stats!

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
7 years ago#4
reclinemusic posted...
the lead designer for this game is a lead designer for Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
Aren't you thinking of elder scrolls? The designers of Titan Quest are a small group and are working on Grim Dawn.

He's thinking of Ian Frazier of the design team for TQ.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: reclinemusic

reclinemusic
7 years ago#5

He's thinking of Ian Frazier of the design team for TQ.

Well what do you know... KoA just got a few points in my book.
Computer stats!
  1. Boards
  2. Titan Quest
  3. got a question about the loot (regarding kingdoms of amalur)
  • Topic Archived