• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
  3. I did it! 100% completion!

User Info: Gamechamp3k

Gamechamp3k
4 years ago#1
All Z Battle Gates on Hard, Ultimate Battle on Hard (sort of) with Yamcha, all World Tournaments on Hard, all characters unlocked, all wishes granted, and all Z Items.

There's sort of an asterisk on Ultimate Battle: I got frustrated and moved the difficulty down at about rank 20. Little did I know the last few ranks are pretty much identical no matter what difficulty it's set to. Either way, it didn't sit right with me so I went back to Hard and beat Goku again. The game doesn't even track difficulty, so I'm just going to go ahead and count it to save time. xP

Getting the last Z item was super frustrating though. Eternal Energy Device. There was almost no info on where to get it anywhere on the internet; the best I got from googling was "get it in the Cell Games on Normal or Hard." Hard is easy enough so I went through like 10 times, and I only ever got Miracle Z, Dragon Homing +2, or Max Power Plus. The thing I searched said to try using Super 17, so I went through with him a few times and got some of the same items. Then I thought maybe it would randomly be given in a Z Battle Gate fight involving Super 17, so I did a couple of those a few time, nothing. Finally I got the idea that maybe it's actually in the Cell Games, but as a reward for a LOWER difficulty. I set the difficulty to Easy, went back to the Cell Games, and kicked Cell's butt (I was using Videl, too, so it doesn't matter who you play as). It gave me Eternal Energy Device the first time. I was SO relieved to see it come up! So yeah, if anybody else is having trouble with Eternal Energy Device (I did find other people asking about it), do the Cell Games on Easy.

So yeah. Game is, uh, pretty bad, actually, but it works as mindless fun, and one thing I do appreciate about it is the roster. I was never a fan of mid-battle transformations in Budokai since it sort of gives a bias towards transforming characters, with non-transformers getting the shaft. Making each transformation its own character was a great idea; it makes balancing simpler.

Not that this game was good at balancing. Just try fighting a Great Ape with Videl. It, uh, isn't a fun thing. <-<

It was also pretty annoying how the story mode made you fight the same battle with EVERYBODY who happened to be standing around at the time. Like, you couldn't just let me choose one of them to play as for that battle? And the win condition thing wasn't used well. All of them except winning with your super finish and survival were pretty much the same thing. Winning with your super finish was annoying since you would have to keep running from your opponent and hope they leave you alone long enough to charge up, and survival fights changed the whole thing into a game of tag. Flying in circles for a couple minutes isn't all that cool an experience.

... but, uh, I guess this little review is over. I haven't actually played any of the sequels; I'm definitely planning on grabbing Budokai Tenkaichi 2 sometime in the future though. Hoping they did it better, there's totally potential here!
http://a.imageshack.us/img44/3928/kurosig.jpg
http://backloggery.com/gamechamp/sig.gif Kuro-channnnnnn... <3
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
  3. I did it! 100% completion!
  • Topic Archived