This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Any reason to hold onto these games?

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
1 month ago#1
I've been wanted to replace some games in my ps3 collection with their xbox 360 versions for some time now. I only had the ps3 versions since they were all I could find at the time, but theyre starting to feel like blemishes in my collection when I'd much rather have them for my preferred console. Any valid reason to keep these games for the ps3? I'm thinking of selling them and looking for 360 copies for most and some maybe other consoles. Not sure yet either on how hard of a sell some of them might be too.

Dante's inferno
Darksides
Darksides 2
Dead rising 2
Dead rising 2 off the record
Dragon's dogma
Enslaved odyssee to the west
Nier
South park stick of truth
Street fighter x tekken
Yaiba ninja gaiden z
2600|5200|Lynx|Master System|Genesis|Saturn|Dreamcast|Gamegear |PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP|NES|SNES|N64|GCN|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|3DS|Xbox|Xbox 360|Xbox One|3DO
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#2
Street Fighter x Tekken had PS exclusive characters. At least Cole (inFamous) and Toro & Kuro are very likely still exclusive and I think Bad Box Art Mega Man and Pac-Man are too.

Don't think the rest of the games have any noteworthy advantage on the PS3. Can't imagine most are worth much though since almost all have next gen remasters.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#3
Nope and some of them got even better re-releases after the 360 gen so look into them
---

User Info: DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX
1 month ago#4
Waluigi_FOREVER posted...
Nier

I'd stick to PS3 since IIRC, 360 has multiple discs. There was a recent remake based on the original Japanese version for later systems though.

Dead rising 2
Dead rising 2 off the record

Dead Rising 2 had two 360 exclusive side games, the first of which has save data transfer for bonuses, unsure on the second. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero is set sometime between 1 and 2, Dead Rising 2: Case West was set after 2 and features a co op campaign with Frank West and Chuck Greene.

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
1 month ago#5
DeltaBladeX posted...
I'd stick to PS3 since IIRC, 360 has multiple discs. There was a recent remake based on the original Japanese version for later systems though.

Dead Rising 2 had two 360 exclusive side games, the first of which has save data transfer for bonuses, unsure on the second. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero is set sometime between 1 and 2, Dead Rising 2: Case West was set after 2 and features a co op campaign with Frank West and Chuck Greene.
Yeah the two dead rising games were the main ones i wanted to replace honestly. The ps3 controller was a huge turn off too for me. For nier, I actually forgot to mention its one of the games I actually already own on the 360 as well as ps3. The other being dante's inferno. Nier is one disc too.
2600|5200|Lynx|Master System|Genesis|Saturn|Dreamcast|Gamegear |PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP|NES|SNES|N64|GCN|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|3DS|Xbox|Xbox 360|Xbox One|3DO

User Info: DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX
1 month ago#6
Nier is one disc too.

Really? I could have sworn there was an issue with content not fitting. Must have been a different game.

For most games, I'd probably prefer the PS3 myself anyway. Easy to upgrade storage. My 360 is 250GB, my PS3 can be upgraded to 1TB, though currently on 500GB. Need to delete stuff less often.

User Info: DualArms

DualArms
1 month ago#7
My personal opinion:

Dante's inferno - Keep it or get the Xbox 360 version.
Darksides - Get the newer gen version, like the PS4/X1 version.
Darksides 2 - Get the newer gen version, like the PS4/X1 version.
Dead rising 2 - Get the newer gen version, like the PS4/X1version.
Dead rising 2 off the record - Keep it or get the Xbox 360 version. Physical version is only for the PS3/Xbox 360.
Dragon's dogma - Get the newer gen version, like the PS4/X1 version.
Enslaved odyssee to the west - Keep it or get the Xbox 360 version.
Nier - Keep the PS3 version.
South park stick of truth - no comment.
Street fighter x tekken - Get the PS Vita version for all the DLC characters. If digital, you can download the code for all DLC characters for PS3 too.
Yaiba ninja gaiden z - no comment.
PSN ID: ChaosRaiden999 (Blank Friend Requests will be ignored)
Youtube Channel: https://goo.gl/LJXnb8 | Reviews Blog: https://goo.gl/Qk7uyY

User Info: Nitsua13

Nitsua13
1 month ago#8
Responding to the poster above, I have a small nitpick. I watched a comparison video for Darksiders 2 between PS3/360 and PS4/Xbone and there was actually quite a bit of color loss in the newer ports. I think some effects like rain/snow were also diminished. I bet the newer ports make up for that with better anti-aliasing, resolution, better performance, but just saying that it isn't an across-the-board enhancement.

User Info: hellhammer

hellhammer
1 month ago#9
DeltaBladeX posted...

Who cares? That's totally irrelevant.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Any reason to hold onto these games?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A