This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What are you currently do playing? (Part 11)

User Info: Draco_2

Draco_2
3 weeks ago#341
Okay, that was weird...

First attempt at Salazar: Using the Magnum, I shoot the eye to expose him, then shoot him until he hides...repeat three times (with two reloads) until he uses an instant kill move.

(second attempt he just started with inst-kill...dick move)

Third attempt, with the same Magnum: He dies almost immediately after exposing himself for the second time, with no reloads.

Did I hit his weak point or something?
Today I'm gonna do something that is probably going to upset some people. And frankly, I don't care.

User Info: Hustler Nine

Hustler Nine
3 weeks ago#342
Lost Planet Extreme Condition.
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 weeks ago#343
Draco_2 posted...
Okay, that was weird...

First attempt at Salazar: Using the Magnum, I shoot the eye to expose him, then shoot him until he hides...repeat three times (with two reloads) until he uses an instant kill move.

(second attempt he just started with inst-kill...dick move)

Third attempt, with the same Magnum: He dies almost immediately after exposing himself for the second time, with no reloads.

Did I hit his weak point or something?
You probably scored a few critical hits third time. There's some randomness to RE4, which adds more to the charm of this game, IMO.
"Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them. Then you're an a**hole" - George Carlin

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
3 weeks ago#344
Metroid Zero Mission
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

Draco_2
3 weeks ago#345
Draco_2 posted...
I've heard some horror stories about Krauser, but I've also heard he's rather easy with the knife...
...and that is confirmed O_O I was able to use the knife to stun-lock him...the fight was over in 20 seconds (though it did take a few attempts to actually get the initial hit in)
Today I'm gonna do something that is probably going to upset some people. And frankly, I don't care.

Draco_2
3 weeks ago#346
Wow...RE4 did not want to end...

Beat the final boss? Great. Now get to the jet ski.
Got to the jet ski? Great. Now drive it out.

So next will be Ada's modes: Assignment Ada and Separate Ways.

After that will be Professional Mode, which I'm admittedly not too worried about...firstly because of the strats I listed earlier, but also because I've noticed this game is very combat friendly...almost every area/room is either wide enough to easily run passed everyone, or narrow enough to bottleneck them.

I've also learned there are more Yellow Herbs than needed to max both Leon and Ashley's health, and since I won't have to worry about Ashley (because armour)...that's quite a few YHs I can afford to miss.

And lastly, money shouldn't be an issue if I plan out my upgrades, and don't upgrade any weapons that I plan to replace (except maybe the shotgun, since it takes a long time to get the Striker)...and also get the free Broken Butterfly.

Draco_2
2 weeks ago#347
While I wouldn't call Assignment Ada hard, it wasn't really a walk in the park, either...though the pressure did take a nosedive when I found out there are checkpoints (I read somewhere that it has to be completed in one sitting, but all it meant was there was no saving).

And good thing about the checkpoints, because J. J. in the room with the stairs and the final battle with Krauser were a mother****er...even if I was able to use the knife strategy again.

Also finished the first chapter of Separate Ways...which is actually providing me with a lot of practice for Professional Mode...

User Info: Varron

Varron
2 weeks ago#348
Just finished Life is Strange: True Colors an hour ago and I'm feeling homesick for the fictional town of Haven Springs, Colorado. The story wasn't as strong as the previous entries, but damn did the characters feel like family.

I'm going to start Nexomon next and I'm going to try and wrap up Mass Effect 3, which I've left hanging for weeks.
Life's too short for side quests.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
2 weeks ago#349
Donkey Kong 64
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
2 weeks ago#350
Feels like I've hit a "wall" in Dark Cloud 2. I managed to get most medals in chapter 7 so I could move on. There are way more medals for using items only and monster form in this dungeon than in any other area. It would be absolutely no problem if we could actually buy elemental stones somewhere. But we can't. We have to rely on random enemy drops and chests. And we can only carry 20 of each at a time.

Using bombs enemies won't even take a scratch. Making final Bombs? Just way too expensive. So I've been just doing reruns of the last floor on Moon Flower palace, where enemies drop a ton of exp. Pouring all of it in monster form (one of the badges at level 43), noticed I can get a few elemental stones here and there in chests while doing re-runs. So once I have enough to clear up a floor using items only, I'll go for it.

Realized I can use poison apples to poison enemies and their HP will slowly drop to 1, then a single bomb would kill them. But this is going to take waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, will use that strategy in Moon Flower Palace only if I'm desperate enough to clear the last item only medal. But in other dungeons where enemies are significantly weaker? This is feasible and will speed up the process of getting all medals as I won't need to rely on random drops.

I have also got myself another Vita last Friday. Besides Dark Cloud 2 I've been playing Marvel vs Capcom 3 for a few hours on it.
"Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them. Then you're an a**hole" - George Carlin
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What are you currently do playing? (Part 11)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A