This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. This is probably unlikely

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
3 weeks ago#1
But anyone her stuck to PS3 still this whole gen, without owning a PS4? Are you one of those guys waiting for the ps5 to release next holiday before picking up your PS4?
Lightning- I control my Fate! (FF 13)
FF 13 Trilogy Remasterd 2020

User Info: Sega95

Sega95
3 weeks ago#2
I am, but I wont buy a PS5 unless the PSN is free, and you can play movies/music off a USB like PS3 can, that is why I didn't get a PS4, I am not getting upcharged for a pay-to-play system.

I refuse to buy into generation DLC, and I really don't care about CoD 13 or Final Fantasy 26, all of the new age games are basically the same thing, auto heal, auto map, walk here, walk there, I'd rather play classic games that need brain power.

Plus I've always looked at it like...why buy a $60+DLC new game, when I can buy a rare Sega Saturn or Dreamcast game?

PS3 has all the new-gen I need...lots of remasters, solid titles, all dirt cheap.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
3 weeks ago#3
*raises hand*

I probably won't get a PS5 either since they're going to force you to pay in order to play online and force you to install every game to the HDD/SSD. Then there's also the fact that Sony is censoring more and more these days.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
3 weeks ago#4
I went with the xbox one actually. Still dont have a ps4, but i might soon. Playstation is always the secondary or last resort console though. It has never and probably never will be the primary game console of any generation for me.
2600|5200|Lynx|Master System|Genesis|Saturn|Dreamcast|Gamegear |PS1|PS2|PS3|PSP|NES|SNES|N64|GCN|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|3DS|Xbox|Xbox 360|Xbox One|3DO

User Info: Gunzleader

Gunzleader
3 weeks ago#5
^love your system collection.
I'm on the same boat just need a saturn..
should of got one when I could it's going up and up..
sigh
Im Ericsh(SD) from phantasy star online dreamcast. I have gastroparesis. look it up help spread the word of this horrible disease.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
3 weeks ago#6
Gunzleader posted...
^love your system collection.
I'm on the same boat just need a saturn..
should of got one when I could it's going up and up..
sigh

yeah... I started to not bother with that system as much anymore since all the good games cost way more than they should. I was so lucky to get games like panzer dragoon saga, shining the holy ark and dragon force for cheap and the console back when the xbox gamecube and ps2 was out. never bothered to sec how much the others rose, but im sure its disgusting
2600|5200|Lynx|Master System|Genesis|Saturn|Dreamcast|Gamegear |PS1|PS2|PS3|PSP|NES|SNES|N64|GCN|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|3DS|Xbox|Xbox 360|Xbox One|3DO
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Varron

Varron
3 weeks ago#7
Zero_Maniac posted...
*raises hand*

I probably won't get a PS5 either since they're going to force you to pay in order to play online and force you to install every game to the HDD/SSD. Then there's also the fact that Sony is censoring more and more these days.

I don't see the problem here. The games still play off the disc and load times are exponentially better (and will be practically non-existent on the PS5's SSD).
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is a PS4 launch-title. Every time I play it, my PS4 sounds like it's about to launch.

User Info: kollisionn777

kollisionn777
3 weeks ago#8
My cousin never had a ps4 and sold me his ps3 because I'm collecting now
Mother**** Tito!

User Info: Gunzleader

Gunzleader
3 weeks ago#9
kollisionn777 posted...
My cousin never had a ps4 and sold me his ps3 because I'm collecting now

hope you enjoy it.
Im Ericsh(SD) from phantasy star online dreamcast. I have gastroparesis. look it up help spread the word of this horrible disease.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
3 weeks ago#10
Varron posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
*raises hand*

I don't see the problem here. The games still play off the disc and load times are exponentially better (and will be practically non-existent on the PS5's SSD).

Limited space. On my PS3, I have dozens of disc games that I can pop in and play without having to install them. I don't have to uninstall games to make room for others that I want to play either. On the PS4, games can be ~40-50GBs per title, which eats up HDD space incredibly fast even if you have a 1TB HDD. I don't want to be forced to install games on internal storage. I don't care if it takes a bit longer to load; I just want to put the disc in and play the game. Game installs should be an option, not mandatory unless playing online.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. This is probably unlikely
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers

How to Upload games to a computer? Tech Support2 Answers
How can I find out how many GBs my PS3 has? Tech Support1 Answer
Ps3 trouble power wont turn on? General2 Answers
Is the PS3 region free? Tech Support2 Answers
How do I install games? General2 Answers