This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dualshock 3 vs Dualshock 4

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
1 month ago#11
Initially I preferred the Dualshock 4, but I discovered that it causes more uncomfortableness in my hands after long term use.
I resent that! Slander is spoken!

User Info: Drethrake

Drethrake
1 month ago#12
Yeah. I understand what you mean there. I guess I'd prefer took a more direct press on the whole thing than such a light touch?

I'd prefer bringing back the PS button as a small little thing in the middle and removing the touchpad, yup.

Oh, you can reduce the brightness to almost nothing? That helps me there!

My ideal setup would probably be... get me those R2/L2 triggers on DS4 and that padding, but leave everything on the DS3 the same. I guess I'll take the light, too.
I'm a Writer and also a Gamer.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
4 weeks ago#13
lol at this even being a contest.

Dualshock 4 is superior in every conceivable aspect with the only exception being the atrocious battery life.
You couldn't pay me to go back to the archaic Dualshock 3.
https://i.imgur.com/XSxVkx9.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMMm8wNopog

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
4 weeks ago#14
Zack_Attackv1 posted...
lol at this even being a contest.

Dualshock 4 is superior in every conceivable aspect with the only exception being the atrocious battery life.
You couldn't pay me to go back to the archaic Dualshock 3.

Not a contest. It's getting harder and harder to run into good first party PS3 controllers. So this is discussing more affordable Dualshock 4 as an alternative.

But it's not superior in every conceivable aspect. That touch pad is useless and take too much space. Replace that with a Select button, reposition Share and Options buttons to a not akward position... and I would agree. Not even going to talk about that led which also does absolutely nothing other thna making battery life worse.
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
4 weeks ago#15
I like the PS4 controller much better but this is an interesting topic. It took me a little while to get used to but once I did, I notice the ways the PS3 controller is inferior when I play games on that console.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 weeks ago#16
Curious if people actually don't think the Start/Select buttons on the DS3 are awkwardly placed. For me they are too low compared to the sticks and too close to these. The DS4 touch pad is the only Start/Select/Options button on either controller that isn't awkward to use and forces me to shift position with my hands. Not that these buttons are used much in general anyway.

I am curious why they put the touch pad there though since it has no obvious and essential functionality like the lightbar has.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahP41mLAyLw
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 weeks ago#17
If anyone still interested / curious... seems Dualshock 4 also has a recurrent critical issue. Got two non-working controllers for $10, to tinker with them a bit.

It's got 2 flat cables, one connecting touchpad to main board and another connecting USB port / led light. Those flat cables are VERY sensible, it seems. both had their USB flat cable damaged at some point, so they stopped working because battery could not be charged anymore.

Took apart a working controller, was planning to take aparte it's flat cable for testing those non-working ones, check if they would connect to my PS4 and if their batteries were still good.

Before I could even remove that flat cable, it was damaged. All tracks in flat cable were already loose when I removed it, they were not stick to plastic ribbon as they should. Making it impossible to put it back to any other controller.

So, an advice... don't mess with those flat cables unless you already have one to replace it at hand
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dualshock 3 vs Dualshock 4
  • Post New Message