This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Games that were released on both PS3 and PS4?

User Info: HELLASISGREECE

HELLASISGREECE
1 month ago#11
Alien Isolation on PS3 is awesome.
Also The Evil Within and MGS V.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
1 month ago#12
revengine posted...
Iroquois2688 I don't think it's fair to say performance on the PS3 was never good, with the multiplatformers and especially not with the first party exclusives. Some third party devs may have been lazy or just didn't care but the first party devs could make the PS3 sing an opera, some even on their first try (e.g SSM GoW III, GG Killzone 2).

You are right. Sure PS3 could still be receiving ports for most recent PS4 games. No complains about performance in most PS3 games, except some earlier multi-plats. But once you play a game in PS3 then it's PS4 version... well, it's like night and day. Even for remasters.

You used GoW 3 as an example... going to use that one too. Once you play PS4 remaster, you will never want to touch PS3 version again.

Also, there's one more thing to consider... PS5 will absolutely have BC to PS4 games. But we don't know if it will have any for PS3 ones. So I am starting to replace whatever PS3 game I own that is either cross-platform / remastered for it's PS4 version.
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: revengine

revengine
1 month ago#13
rafamaximo posted...
revengine posted...
Iroquois2688 I don't think it's fair to say performance on the PS3 was never good, with the multiplatformers and especially not with the first party exclusives. Some third party devs may have been lazy or just didn't care but the first party devs could make the PS3 sing an opera, some even on their first try (e.g SSM GoW III, GG Killzone 2).

You are right. Sure PS3 could still be receiving ports for most recent PS4 games. No complains about performance in most PS3 games, except some earlier multi-plats. But once you play a game in PS3 then it's PS4 version... well, it's like night and day. Even for remasters.

You used GoW 3 as an example... going to use that one too. Once you play PS4 remaster, you will never want to touch PS3 version again.

Also, there's one more thing to consider... PS5 will absolutely have BC to PS4 games. But we don't know if it will have any for PS3 ones. So I am starting to replace whatever PS3 game I own that is either cross-platform / remastered for it's PS4 version.

I'm sure you're correct about PS4 remasters being better than their PS3 originals (I've personally never played a PS4 remaster of a PS3 title but I know I prefer the PS3 remasters of GoW I & II over their PS2 counterparts) but I was addressing Iroquois2688's statement that performance on the PS3 was never good - that's just poorly worded or completely dishonest.

I've heard conflicting reports about the PS5 concerning B/C - one person told me it will be B/C with PS4 only and someone else said it will be B/C with ALL playstation games. I tend to believe the former although having B/C with all playstation consoles would be a great selling point for Sony - they'd instantly have the largest catalogue of games. I've also heard the components will all be upgradeable making it pretty much like a PC. Not sure whether to believe that or not (I'm heavily leaning more towards not) as it seems like that could lead to a lot of headaches for Devs.
Thinking of yourself as a victim is the first step down a path towards irrelevance and destroying your life.

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
1 month ago#14
Skyrim on PS3 was awful as well... ugly, muddy looking graphics, the trees look like cardboard cutouts, froze all the time.
Lightning- I control my Fate! (FF 13)

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
1 month ago#15
Armyofone posted...
Skyrim on PS3 was awful as well... ugly, muddy looking graphics, the trees look like cardboard cutouts, froze all the time.

I never had that many problems with it personally.
I resent that! Slander is spoken!

User Info: RapidDarkness

RapidDarkness
4 weeks ago#16
Persona 5, I went for the PS3 version as I thought it'd be cooler to own that version.
I wear no mask.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
4 weeks ago#17
revengine posted...
I'm sure you're correct about PS4 remasters being better than their PS3 originals (I've personally never played a PS4 remaster of a PS3 title but I know I prefer the PS3 remasters of GoW I & II over their PS2 counterparts) but I was addressing Iroquois2688's statement that performance on the PS3 was never good - that's just poorly worded or completely dishonest.

I got that. But stated that because... compared to it's PS4 version, even the smoother PS3 game will feel bad.

revengine posted...
I've heard conflicting reports about the PS5 concerning B/C - one person told me it will be B/C with PS4 only and someone else said it will be B/C with ALL playstation games.

If PS4 only, good thing. If BC for ALL Playstation generations? Good bye, Xbox.

revengine posted...
I've also heard the components will all be upgradeable making it pretty much like a PC

I hope that's not true at all. It would suck, it's bad enough we had a mid-gen upgrade for PS4... imagine being random specs, how would devs handle that with games?
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.

revengine
4 weeks ago#18
rafamaximo posted...

I hope that's not true at all. It would suck, it's bad enough we had a mid-gen upgrade for PS4... imagine being random specs, how would devs handle that with games?

I suppose it would be like how they make games for PC where you go into settings and lower or raise the level for each. But I can also see the scenario where a Dev would just make the game to work on the least powerful version of the console to make sure it works on all consoles.
Thinking of yourself as a victim is the first step down a path towards irrelevance and destroying your life.

User Info: comic_lover

comic_lover
3 weeks ago#19
The Batman Arkham games looked worse on the PS4. I'm glad I kept the originals.
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

revengine
3 weeks ago#20
comic_lover posted...
The Batman Arkham games looked worse on the PS4. I'm glad I kept the originals.

What about Batman Arkham Origins? I have Asylum and City so I know they're both good. I've noticed Rocksteady aren't the developers for Origins either.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Games that were released on both PS3 and PS4?
  • Post New Message