This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just got a ps3 at a garage sale very odd controller behavior

User Info: Pylar55

Pylar55
2 months ago#1
For 10 bucks at that! A fat boy too. So I decided to get Demon's Souls being that it's the only souls game I haven't completed. I do not know if it is the controller or what but my controllers l2 and r2 buttons do not work. The buttons are in great shape it's almost like the ps3 doesnt register the buttons or something. The other odd thing is the fact I cant use l2 or r2 which means I cant use a heavy attack in demons souls...but the odd thing is after I exit dialogue with n npc my character does a heavy attack! Like everytime dialogue ends and I push x he does a heavy thrust. I am clueless as to what's going on has anyone else had this? I rest my ps3 to default settings reset the controller with the botton just dont know what to do. I guess I could get s new pad just wanted to see if this is a issue someone's solved

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
1 month ago#2
Sounds like a controller issue so maybe try another controller before messing with the actual console.

That said which model fat PS3 is it? I am just curious on that. I doubt it is a PS2 backwards compatible fat PS3 but was curious on what model you paid only $10 as I said. Model number is on a sticker on the back as well as somewhere on a sticker on the bottom and starts with CECH.
Kutabare
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
1 month ago#3
How does the trigger feel? It could very well be that the springs are busted on both triggers (more common than you'd think). Thankfully the fix isn't hard, all you need are a couple of springs off a common ball pen, twist them to the shape of the busted springs and you'll have working triggers in no time.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just got a ps3 at a garage sale very odd controller behavior
  • Post New Message