This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Weird plastic piece inside my R2 button (Dualshock 3 Controller probs :/)

User Info: Julian37

Julian37
1 month ago#1
Hi everybody,

So about a month or two ago, I noticed that when I went into the YouTube app on my PS3, the video would constantly skip, almost like a button was being held down. Surely enough, flipping my controller over and looking at the triggers revealed that a white piece of plastic, about half an inch in length, was inside the R2 trigger and was keeping it pressed down.

I thought it was something from outside that was in the controller, but after trying to take it out for 20 minutes, I assumed it was a piece from inside.

How do I get this back in so the controller works again?
Were you talking to me? Sorry, I was playing bayblades

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
1 month ago#2
Open your controller? There's thousands of youtube videos showing how to do that. All you really have to do is loose a few tiny screws and that's it.
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.

User Info: Julian37

Julian37
4 weeks ago#3
rafamaximo posted...
Open your controller? There's thousands of youtube videos showing how to do that. All you really have to do is loose a few tiny screws and that's it.

Update:

Opened my controller, turns out that there's two little latches where the triggers latch into, and the latch on the right side (the broken side) has only one latch. The other one was stuck inside the controller.

Have no idea what to do now, I looked online and nobody's encountered this problem before, as far as I know. Gonna work on it for another day or so, then if I can't put it back together, I'll probably throw it out and buy another.

The buttons just straight up won't connect anymore; no matter how hard I try, they won't stay together for the controller to close. And if they do, they're permanently stuck in the down position, so now neither trigger works.

This feels like it's really easy to fix, but I just can't figure it out.
Were you talking to me? Sorry, I was playing bayblades
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Weird plastic piece inside my R2 button (Dualshock 3 Controller probs :/)