This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Need a NEW controller

User Info: PhantomStranja

PhantomStranja
3 months ago#31
If you look hard enough. I got lucky and a gamestop near me had a brand new in box final fantasy 13 lightning returns edition ds 3 controller at normal price! This things worth almost 200$ or so. You can get lucky if you look

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 months ago#32
@ThrillKillFan
I get it now... so that one you removed battery from... that’s the one you should go for that fix from the video I posted, then put back a battery in that one. Worth a try at least...

Using wired controllers is a no-no to me, it really bothers me when I setup my PS2 or SNES to play in my living room
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
3 months ago#33
rafamaximo posted...

I get it now... so that one you removed battery from... that’s the one you should go for that fix from the video I posted, then put back a battery in that one. Worth a try at least...

Using wired controllers is a no-no to me, it really bothers me when I setup my PS2 or SNES to play in my living room

@rafamaximo

That's why I got so annoyed with the Dualshock 4's battery life being around half of the Dualshock 3's on a charge. You get so used to not being wired to the console for 20-25 hours and then suddenly it's down to half that or less and annoying. They really need to make a double capacity battery model of the DS4. As it is I bought one of the Hori mini wired controllers for $9 from Target on clearance. It's more compact but it's also missing the annoying touch pad that drains the battery on the DS4. They sell a wireless version of it too on sites like Play-Asia .
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

User Info: PhantomStranja

PhantomStranja
3 months ago#34
I charge me ds3 about once a week. And i play around 20-30 hours a week on my ps3!

ThrillKillFan
3 months ago#35
PhantomStranja posted...
I charge me ds3 about once a week. And i play around 20-30 hours a week on my ps3!

@PhantomStranja

I love the battery life the Dualshock 3 gets compared to the Dualshock 4. Though the newer Dualshock 3's in the hybrid packaging with the plastic dome over the controller but cardboard otherwise with the little tape seals on top and bottom seem like s***tier quality to me. It was one of those that the fully licensed Sony brand charging cable would not line up with properly.

Meanwhile the hermetically packaged ones in the big plastic packaging were fantastic and even felt heavier to me.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 months ago#36
@ThrillKillFan
Actually, it's not only that useless touch pad (aka huge select button). That f***ing LED also drains lots of battery life. Setting it to be darker in PS4 helps saving battery (considerably), but I don't think you can set LED light intensity that when using it in PS3

Actually, PS4 controller battery is better than PS3's one. I haven't tried to swap batteries, but assuming those do actually work in PS3 controllers... it would make PS3 controller battery life even longer
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.

User Info: Kazgotflred

Kazgotflred
3 months ago#37
I really feel like Sony missed the mark by stopping selling PS3 controllers, I guess it’s their way of phasing it out which stinks :/
Wise men say, 'Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'

ThrillKillFan
3 months ago#38
Kazgotflred posted...
I really feel like Sony missed the mark by stopping selling PS3 controllers, I guess it’s their way of phasing it out which stinks :/

@Kazgotflred

Yeah. Retailers eliminated most of their PS3 and accessory stock at least a couple of years ago. I know some of the Walmarts by me had super slim PS3's new in box and didn't seem to be able to give them away even at $150 apiece. Then a couple Black Fridays ago they all went poof. It seems like $150 was the last official price for the PS3 before it disappeared everywhere.

So this means that the last official price drop for the PS4 will be to $199 more than likely if it follows the pattern as the PS1 went to $49.99, the PS2 to $99.99 and the PS3 to $149.99.

User Info: revengine

revengine
3 months ago#39
Kazgotflred posted...

I agree but I would also be happy if Sony were to hand off the official DS3 license to a reliable third party and Sony just ran QA and put their stamp of approval on it. Just make sure the third party uses all the same components and material as Sony (or better) so it's basically a DS3, just built by someone else.
Thinking of yourself as a victim is the first step down a path towards irrelevance and destroying your life.

User Info: Kazgotflred

Kazgotflred
3 months ago#40
ThrillKillFan posted...
Kazgotflred posted...

@Kazgotflred

Yeah. Retailers eliminated most of their PS3 and accessory stock at least a couple of years ago. I know some of the Walmarts by me had super slim PS3's new in box and didn't seem to be able to give them away even at $150 apiece. Then a couple Black Fridays ago they all went poof. It seems like $150 was the last official price for the PS3 before it disappeared everywhere.

So this means that the last official price drop for the PS4 will be to $199 more than likely if it follows the pattern as the PS1 went to $49.99, the PS2 to $99.99 and the PS3 to $149.99.

That’s a good point, like I want a ps4 pro because I have a 4K tv but I can not justify getting one since I still have a launch ps4 that I don’t really use much but for streaming.

revengine posted...
Kazgotflred posted...

I agree but I would also be happy if Sony were to hand off the official DS3 license to a reliable third party and Sony just ran QA and put their stamp of approval on it. Just make sure the third party uses all the same components and material as Sony (or better) so it's basically a DS3, just built by someone else.

That’s really not a bad idea at all tbh. I think One of Sony’s missteps is that they don’t listen to the players much and shrug their shoulders and ignore what the fan base wants. Just my opinion anyways.
Wise men say, 'Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Need a NEW controller
  • Topic Archived