This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's new with update 4.83?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What's new with update 4.83?

User Info: revengine

revengine
1 week ago#1
Anyone know about what has changed with this update? The only thing the playstation website says is "This system software update improves system performance." Not very forthcoming about any changes. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the announced shut downs of online games?
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.

User Info: bohdave

bohdave
1 week ago#2
Not sure of the details but it seems it's doing something to combat people with hacked/modded systems. People are reporting games like Modern Warfare 2 are hacker-free for the first time in years!
...and therein was set as a crown the Gorgon, grim of aspect, glaring terribly, and about her were Terror and Rout.

User Info: revengine

revengine
1 week ago#3
So they clear out the hackers/modders just in time for the online service shutdown. Hilarious. Thanks for the response.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.
Movies seem to have been removed from the store. That's the first thing I noticed.
As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy-Abraham Lincoln

User Info: cris1ussen

cris1ussen
1 week ago#5
I also not sure what the new firmware patch did but one thing that I can say is that still you can play the game ModNation Racers offline

Only reason that I mention this is because by a funny/twisted coincidence this new patch came out the same day when Sony shutdown the servers of the game and since the game had a stupid misleading warning saying that after October 10th the game will become obsolete/unplayable, well luckily the new PS3 patch didn't do anything to the game (because the only way as far I know for make a console refuse to play a software is by a firmware patch, which actually Sony did it before with the removal of Linux support)
AC:NL Dream code (updated version): 4F00-000F-4F10
Everyone are welcome!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: winter_rising

winter_rising
1 week ago#6
Wonder what or IF this effects GTA Online.
Modders in EVERY Lobby.
I... Hate.. SourKraut!! That's all I'm really trying to say.

User Info: barf_syndrome

barf_syndrome
1 week ago#7
Just to combat the hacks 4.82 opened up.

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
1 week ago#8
I am sure it was mostly a security fix to stop hackers.

I heard it was also to update some sort of blu-ray AACS key. Supposedly newer blu-ray movies won't work without a update to said AACS keys no matter if it is a PS3 or standard blu-ray players.

I never heard of this myself but here is the reddit page. Is this even true?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/9n5k2u/ps3_system_software_version_483_has_just_been/#thing_t1_e7k1wzw
(edited 1 week ago)
revengine posted...
So they clear out the hackers/modders just in time for the online service shutdown. Hilarious. Thanks for the response.

Service shutdown, where did you hear psn is shutting down?
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God

User Info: kreate

kreate
1 week ago#10
ThePyreThatBurns posted...
Movies seem to have been removed from the store. That's the first thing I noticed.

Movies been removed since the other update.
PSN = kreate
XBL = kreate2
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What's new with update 4.83?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.