This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, my PS3 is quite old and the fans always seem to get really noisy.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So, my PS3 is quite old and the fans always seem to get really noisy.

User Info: Pokenub

Pokenub
4 weeks ago#1
Are there any cheap solutions? I'm not really interested in buying another PS3 because there are a very limited amount of games I'm interested in playing on it.

Is it safe to open and clean it? I'm not really a console person, usually sticking to my PC, which I can repair and clean if needs be.
The cat goes meow, the pig goes oink, the dog goes Eeedddwaaarrddd..

User Info: revengine

revengine
4 weeks ago#2
Open and clean is a good idea. If you're feeling more adventurous you can replace the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU. I've heard using a laptop cooling pad works. Maybe just a thorough vacuuming of the vents will help.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.

User Info: Mercenary12451

Mercenary12451
4 weeks ago#3
Which model is it? I assume a OG PS3 which could help to open and clean and change thermal paste.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
4 weeks ago#4
Is that a fat, slim or superslim?

Anyway, removing all dust from vents / air exits should be enough to help. You can also do a fan test o remove excess of dust from fans as well.
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So, my PS3 is quite old and the fans always seem to get really noisy.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived