This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Tomb Raider Underworld that's gonna bug me if I don't clear it up

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Question about Tomb Raider Underworld that's gonna bug me if I don't clear it up

User Info: Draco_2

Draco_2
5 months ago#1
I don't need to worry yet, but this is gonna nag at me if I don't ask...

I just started a game on normal mode (currently in Amanda's ship), and for this playthrough I'm only focusing on the story...but once I finish I'm going to play again on hard mode to collect any missed treasures and get the hard mode trophy.

My question is...will I be able to do that? I haven't found a "replay level" option in this game, and someone on TR:U's board said it doesn't have one...

I know the obvious answer is select "start new game" when the time comes, but I'm worried that'll overwrite my save data and erase any treasures I manage to find on the initial playthrough...

btw, sorry if this is a stupid question...which it probably is.
"Plot-holes" are an illusion created by people who don't know how to pay attention.

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
5 months ago#2
I think you can. However, it might be best if you start over and ramp up the difficulty to the max anyway because the game is ridiculously easy.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688

Draco_2
5 months ago#3
Iroquois2688 posted...
I think you can. However, it might be best if you start over and ramp up the difficulty to the max anyway because the game is ridiculously easy.

I did consider that, but I will have to do a second playthrough anyway to get missed treasures/trophies, since I refuse to use a guide during my first playthrough of a game.
"Plot-holes" are an illusion created by people who don't know how to pay attention.

User Info: cris1ussen

cris1ussen
5 months ago#4
Well actually the game is pretty easy even on hard, so I recommend you to play in that difficulty just to avoid a 2nd playthrough

Now for your question, after you complete the game you will unlock a new option called "Treasure hunter" (or something like that) which is just a replay chapter mode but without enemies or bosses, where you can search the treasures without problems or distractions

Also I'm not sure but I think if you use the new game option it will erase all your stats/progress on the treasures (and you will need to start all over again)
AC:NL Dream code (updated version): 4F00-000F-4F10
Everyone are welcome!

Draco_2
5 months ago#5
cris1ussen posted...
Now for your question, after you complete the game you will unlock a new option called "Treasure hunter" (or something like that) which is just a replay chapter mode but without enemies or bosses, where you can search the treasures without problems or distractions

I did hear about that...will I have to find all treasures, or just the ones I missed? Because even without a guide, I will inevitably find at least some during my initial playthrough...

Follow up question: can I get the swan dive and speed demon trophies in treasure hunter? I will try for them during my initial playthrough, but I would like to know if there's a second chance...although, if each of those trophies has a checkpoint right before it, I guess it wouldn't really matter...

...and I'm assuming I can't get the "kill enemy with X" trophies in treasure hunter, since you say it doesn't have enemies...

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
5 months ago#6
I platted this years ago. The game keeps track of everything you've collected. All you have to worry about is the ones you missed, obviously.

As for swan dive, no. I remember having to start a new game from scratch for those.

And no. It's just you and the environment in treasure hunter mode.
http://i.imgur.com/6TWbYn4.jpg

Draco_2
5 months ago#7
Huh...so I just restarted on hard mode, and when I went to the first treasure location, it wasn't there...I checked the PDA, and apparently I still have all the treasures I got before.

Side note: I wasn't sure if Anniversary was part of the Legend/Underworld storyline, but evidently it is because Natla, the villain from Anniversary, just appeared.

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
5 months ago#8
Draco_2 posted...
Huh...so I just restarted on hard mode, and when I went to the first treasure location, it wasn't there...I checked the PDA, and apparently I still have all the treasures I got before.

Side note: I wasn't sure if Anniversary was part of the Legend/Underworld storyline, but evidently it is because Natla, the villain from Anniversary, just appeared.

Correct, Anniversary is part of the Trilogy of games. It was released after Legend but chronologically it’s the first in the story. It’s also a remake of the very first TR, but with added story to incorporate the arc started in Legend and ended in Underworld.

Personally, I think these 3 games are the definitive Tomb Raider games. Everything is just so perfect and the story is surprisingly emotional in a subtle way unlike the remake which is in your face edgy. This is THE Lara Croft in my book.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688

Draco_2
5 months ago#9
Iroquois2688 posted...
It was released after Legend but chronologically it’s the first in the story. It’s also a remake of the very first TR

Yes, I knew about that part.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Question about Tomb Raider Underworld that's gonna bug me if I don't clear it up

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived