This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Craving a Horror Game. Gimme Your Scariest.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Craving a Horror Game. Gimme Your Scariest.

User Info: EpicUserName

EpicUserName
6 months ago#11
cris1ussen posted...
Here some of my favorites on PS3, you could check out:

Dead Space 1*
Alien: Isolation
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Deadly Premonition**
Lone Survivor
I am Alive***

*Only the first one is good, I found the sequels to be much an action shooters games

**Deadly Premonition is more like a B horror film with some comedy aspect aside of horror but still worth it to play it

***I am Alive is more like a "Survival suspense" game, doesn't have much horror except maybe the fear of not die

I thought Dead Space was always action. They give you a gun and a crap ton of ammo, right?

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
6 months ago#12
EpicUserName posted...
Iroquois2688 posted...
I would recommend Silent Hill 2 & 3 but the HD Collection is so atrocious. If you have s PS2, get them for that instead.

What’s so incredibly bad about the HD collection? It’s my only option, by the way.

Hoo boy, where do I begin?

Well, for one thing, the team that remastered the games had to work with unfinished codes as the original data was lost. The results were tons and tons of graphical inaccuracies, bugs and performance issues. In short, the games lost their atmosphere due to all the tampering, and Silent Hill 3 was even completely re-dubbed by a new cast, due to some residual issues with the actors.

The collection was so botched that even the original developers criticizes it, but don't get me wrong- the games are certainly "playable", but then again soggy fries are also "edible". I would avoid it altogether and go for either the PC versions or emulate the PS2 games on PC, since you said you don't have a PS2.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
6 months ago#13
It's not straight up horror, but condemned 2 is a fantastic game with horror elements.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

EpicUserName
6 months ago#14
Iroquois2688 posted...
EpicUserName posted...
Iroquois2688 posted...
I would recommend Silent Hill 2 & 3 but the HD Collection is so atrocious. If you have s PS2, get them for that instead.

What’s so incredibly bad about the HD collection? It’s my only option, by the way.

Hoo boy, where do I begin?

Well, for one thing, the team that remastered the games had to work with unfinished codes as the original data was lost. The results were tons and tons of graphical inaccuracies, bugs and performance issues. In short, the games lost their atmosphere due to all the tampering, and Silent Hill 3 was even completely re-dubbed by a new cast, due to some residual issues with the actors.

The collection was so botched that even the original developers criticizes it, but don't get me wrong- the games are certainly "playable", but then again soggy fries are also "edible". I would avoid it altogether and go for either the PC versions or emulate the PS2 games on PC, since you said you don't have a PS2.

Didn't they patch it? It's been years, right?

I'm unfamiliar with emulators and how they work. I normally just buy crap from PSN and Amazon.

EpicUserName
6 months ago#15
pikey87 posted...
It's not straight up horror, but condemned 2 is a fantastic game with horror elements.

I considered avoiding it because people said it was garbage compared to the first one. Is it really still worth playing?

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
6 months ago#16
EpicUserName posted...
pikey87 posted...

I considered avoiding it because people said it was garbage compared to the first one. Is it really still worth playing?

First one is so much better. I honestly couldn't finish the second. Felt like a bunch of bum fights didn't get very far. Maybe I didn't give it too much of a chance though. I'd mainly recommend the first but it's a 360 exclusive and very much worth a play through. If you got a 360, get it.
3ds FC: 3196-3191-7257 and In game name is Ass-Hat
KB BR pokemon for trade http://preview.tinyurl.com/nkdnytd

User Info: GundamMonX

GundamMonX
6 months ago#17
Waluigi_FOREVER posted...
EpicUserName posted...
pikey87 posted...

First one is so much better. I honestly couldn't finish the second. Felt like a bunch of bum fights didn't get very far. Maybe I didn't give it too much of a chance though. I'd mainly recommend the first but it's a 360 exclusive and very much worth a play through. If you got a 360, get it.

Condemned 2 is crap--the first is better in every single way. Don't buy the hype from those "scariest moments in games" list you see every year that has that one specific sequence from Condemned 2 in it. It's maybe a 5-minute sequence, and even then it's not that great.

C2 has weapon degradation for every weapon, a stupid "combo" system that doesn't work, and QTE's where it's not clear what the timing is. It hurt getting through that game.
"If Keanu Reeves didn't look so non-Asian, he would never have made it into Hollywood."--LuminescentRule

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
6 months ago#18
Varron posted...
Medal of Honor: Warfighter

https://i.imgur.com/J87SNJ3.jpg

What the!? Is that real? it looks like she is stealing my soul and killing with an axe......

seriously, thanks for that.........................................................
Meow Meow Choco Chow..... Mutton, Fresh Mutton!

User Info: friendlyspider

friendlyspider
6 months ago#19
Silent Hill Downpour got a lot of flak for not being a true Silent Hill game but it was fun for me & a very doable platinum of you're into that.

REmake is also a great return to survival horror.
DD:DA Pawn = Elvira; PSN = friendlyspider
"talking?! during horsehead bookends?!?"

User Info: FeralGhoul52

FeralGhoul52
6 months ago#20
If you liked Fatal Frame 1, you should like FF2: Crimson Butterfly. I think it's better.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Craving a Horror Game. Gimme Your Scariest.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived