This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any PS game that actually uses select?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is there any PS game that actually uses select?

User Info: C Redfield

C Redfield
1 month ago#1
I'm setting up an arcade stick for all four generations of playstations 1-4 but I ran into a problem I'm a button short. On a PS4 that's obvious get rid of share which just causes trouble for me anyway. But for the rest of the systems it will wipe out Select. The only games I remember needing select is the metal gear solid series which I won't play with an arcade stick.

Is there anything I'm missing.
Welcome to Gamefaqs. They finally have an edit button.

User Info: ephman97

ephman97
1 month ago#2
Interesting question. Demon's Souls uses the select button to write messages for other players to read. However, that will soon be moot because the servers are closing in February. =/

I'm guessing there are other gamest that use select, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
PSN ephman97. Recent favorites: The Magicians (tv show), Sleeping Dogs (PS3 game), Uprooted (novel), Primer (film), Vanguard (fund)

User Info: V I C I O U S

V I C I O U S
1 month ago#3
None of this may get in the way of an arcade style set up, but in Battlefield 3 the select button is perhaps only second to R1 for being the most important button in the game. R1 fires, and select "spots" or paints a marker above a target and on the mini-map for your team's awareness.

Many other games use Select to bring up a map, menu, or inventory (Dead Space, Defiance, Borderlands series). Often Select is used to change a selection on a HUD/menu in a game, or a view (Ace Combat series, some racing games/series).

On the plus side, I can't recall any fighting games where select was that important, which may be your intention.
"Liking is probably the best form of ownership, and ownership the worst form of liking" - Jose Saramago

User Info: Haoie

Haoie
1 month ago#4
As above, select is often used for a map or option button.

Often as a shortcut. For example, I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur right now and select brings up the map, but you can press start and select map for the slow way.
PlayStation enthusiast/collector, from PS1 to PS3!

User Info: Yggdrasille

Yggdrasille
1 month ago#5
You use it to view Skits in Tales of games. ^_^
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Waiting for: Ni No Kuni II, Dragon Quest XI, Ys VIII, Trails of Cold Steel 3, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
1 month ago#6
Just curious, how are you accomplishing this? Is this a stick that will connect to each system individually?

The last stick I made used the ps360+ PCB to make it compatible across numerous systems including the Xbox one by piggybacking off the Xbox controller.
3ds FC: 3196-3191-7257 and In game name is Ass-Hat
KB BR pokemon for trade http://preview.tinyurl.com/nkdnytd

User Info: C Redfield

C Redfield
1 month ago#7
2x PS4-PS3-PC Audio fight stick boards

PS4 is PS4 n old 80Gb PS3 that will play 1-3 (New hard drive)
Welcome to Gamefaqs. They finally have an edit button.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is there any PS game that actually uses select?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived