This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's the super slim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How's the super slim?

User Info: Doublesouba

Doublesouba
1 month ago#1
I've been thinking of buying one as a backup, incase mine breaks, but what are your opinions on it? Should I just hook it up and use it as my main ps3 and put my slim on the shelf? I want to get one before new ones are impossible to find for a decent price.
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 MoBo, i5 4690k, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS GTX 1080 Strix. Proud owner of an '86 Chevy El Camino.

User Info: EndlessSolitude

EndlessSolitude
1 month ago#2
Well, I've had one for over three years now - and I've had no problems with it. In my view, it can certainly serve as a backup as well as your primary PS3.
Games I've finished are in bold
What the gamefaqs gatekeepers fear most: http://www.big-lies.org

User Info: CloveWildmage

CloveWildmage
1 month ago#3
I only own a super slim, got it from walmart for $150 a year and a half ago as it was being phased out. Super Slim was the latest model, right? So I can't compare to the others. But it seems sturdy to me. Top loading seems like it would make it difficult for it to have problems.

To boot, I figured since they aren't making future systems backward compatible and it was a flagship console for so long I could sell it if I ever decided i don't want it and get my money back. Maybe even get more than I paid.

Gamestop was asking for $170 for a used ps3 at the time I bought it new from walmart for the $150, hahahah. Too funny. I got 500 GB of storage too.

Doublesouba
1 month ago#4
Yeah, I really wish I would have bought one when they were that cheap. They're going for around $270 now. I think I'll just bite and pick one up.
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 MoBo, i5 4690k, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS GTX 1080 Strix. Proud owner of an '86 Chevy El Camino.

User Info: F0cu5

F0cu5
1 month ago#5
I have the superslim 500gb, snagged one for $170 in 2013 and sold the 2 games bundled with it (on disc) for about $45, meaning I got a new PS3 for about $125. I mainly got it to be my Blu-Ray player but also as a FIFA machine, can't say I've used it much for either. Just not much of a console gamer these days but I am happy with the machine overall. I do like the toploading door so my discs are never trapped, even if it does feel less premium than earlier PS3s.
whichmultiplat.com, my current project
discussions on the best release of each game

User Info: Flamey

Flamey
1 month ago#6
Super Slim is ok.
Hamsters: Sandwich meat of the future.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
1 month ago#7
If you buy one to leave it as a spare console, please, be sure to actually test it out before warranty expires.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

Doublesouba
1 month ago#8
rafamaximo posted...
If you buy one to leave it as a spare console, please, be sure to actually test it out before warranty expires.

Of course. It would be very stupid to not do that. Do you know someone who has done this, and the console didn't work when they needed it?

User Info: phatpenguin

phatpenguin
1 month ago#9
Got mine in 2013. Still works like a gem. My controllers on th other hand..
You have read a smart post. You receive 5 intelligence points

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
1 month ago#10
Doublesouba posted...
rafamaximo posted...

Of course. It would be very stupid to not do that. Do you know someone who has done this, and the console didn't work when they needed it?

Yes, there is one ps3 board user that got a dead out of box ps3 and didn't check it way until later when warranty expired.
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How's the super slim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived