This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 Versions of games that are just as good as the PS4 versions.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 Versions of games that are just as good as the PS4 versions.

User Info: awesomesauce13

awesomesauce13
6 months ago#11
Honestly pretty much any game that's on both consoles is just as good on PS3, the only difference is usually the graphics which doesn't really matter. For a lot of small/indie games there's literally no difference.

User Info: TheLethalDiva

TheLethalDiva
6 months ago#12
Helldivers, Shovel Knight, 99 Vidas. All are crossplay, crossbuy. Helldivers is an amazing up to 4 player multiplayer. 99 Vidas is your basic brawler with some lite RPG elements and its 4 player as well.

Dragons Crown is a very fun 4 player game and is being re-released for the PS4 and it will have crossplay with the PS3 and Vita.

Rogue Legacy is a very fun game as well and is crossbuy with the PS4.

User Info: Varron

Varron
6 months ago#13
awesomesauce13 posted...
Honestly pretty much any game that's on both consoles is just as good on PS3, the only difference is usually the graphics which doesn't really matter. For a lot of small/indie games there's literally no difference.

Some games like Skyrim run much better on PS4 than their PS3 counterpart.
Reddit girls are trouble.
PS4/PS3 Gamer

User Info: pan5001

pan5001
6 months ago#14
Sky Force Anniversary is the same on both PS3 and PS4.
Unez Pantalonez

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
6 months ago#15
I think that remasters from previous gens and/or PS3 games remastered for PS4 don't count... I think TC is talking about games that were RELEASED for both platforms. Anyway, Persona 5 is the very same game in both systems, since it was supposed to be a PS3 game until very late in it's development cycle...
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
6 months ago#16
awesomesauce13 posted...

Metal Gear Solid V says hi...
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
(message deleted)

User Info: SirWaWa

SirWaWa
6 months ago#18
Tales of Zestiria
Kingdom Hearts

User Info: revengine

revengine
6 months ago#19
Varron posted...
awesomesauce13 posted...

Some games like Skyrim run much better on PS4 than their PS3 counterpart.

I would give credit to Skyrim on PS4 running better than the PS3 version to the mods. I've also read that launch version PS4 was pretty much like launch version PS3 as far as bugs and glitches, and that it was worse (except for visuals obviously) than the PS3 version, but obviously because the PS3 version had the benefit of all the update patches. I'm fairly certain if the PS3 version had access to mods (especially performance mods such as the unofficial patches) the only big difference between the PS4 and the PS3 version would be the visuals.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.

User Info: EcchiSaberUnit

EcchiSaberUnit
6 months ago#20
none.

people say P5 is has no difference obviously haven't played it on PS4. it runs at 720p on PS3 and screen tears like crazy without any anti-alias. its full 1080p full anti-aliasing on PS4 without tearing and has waaaaaaaaaay faster loading its not even funny resulting in a MUCH better gaming experience.

we are talking about 512mb ram vs 8GB ram here.

230 gflops vs 1840 or 4200 gflops.

The PS3 is obsolete in the truest intent of the term.

get over it.

fun fact: PS4 has Skyrim.. in VR. thats 1080p on both eyes at 90fps all time. on PS4 pro anyways.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 Versions of games that are just as good as the PS4 versions.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived