This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is drakengard 3? Its on sale for 9 bucks I believe.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How is drakengard 3? Its on sale for 9 bucks I believe.

User Info: Flamechamp2333

Flamechamp2333
1 month ago#1
1. I'm playing ff12 zodiac right now and I got nier automata for xmas too. Should I play drakengard 3 before nierA?

2. Does drakengard 3 have a lot of towns and npc's to talk to? I want it to be like a dq game, where you fight in a dungeon, then a city with a lot of npc's/quests, dungeon, town, ect.

3. I heard the level up system sucks and is very grindy. How bad is it?

4. How easy or hard is it? I don't like hard games.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#2
Drakengard 3 is a special piece of software and it runs well pretty badly. It's not some flashy meme game.

Have you played Drakengard 1+2 or maybe NieR (not the new crappy meme one)?

The original NieR was based on a joke ending of Drakengard 2. And strangely it works perfectly, like Silent Hill 2+3 perfectly. The new meme one is garbage though unless you like to pay $60 for digital asses. It's one of those "fanservice" games and I mean "fanservice" not actual fan service. Effectively weeb garbage.

And what I mean with weeb garbage is non-sensical "sexy" characters, that make no sense at all story-wise and world-wise. Like combat androids with sexy clothing and miniskirts. Also see Eva in MGS3 (properly written actually sexy character) compared to Quite in MGS5 (not actually sexy, just pretending to be because of "fanservice"). If you like stuff like that, then Drakengard is nothing for you.

Anyway as I said - original NieR is based on a joke ending. Meme sell out "NieR" is based on basically nothing but dumb weeb garbage.
And Drakengard 3 is not some typical RPG especially nothing like Dragon Quest. I can't recommend it from just a gameplay perspective. I actually can't recommend any of those games from just a gameplay perspective. Drakengard 3 and actual "NieR" are games that should be experienced primarily for their characters, world and story.

And finally - Drakengard 3 is also basically Square Enix DLC. There are like 30 or 40 DLC packages and they never went on sale with tons of content locked away (I'm one of the few, who not only bought the American Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition, but I also own the Japanese Drakengard 3 Dragoon Limited Edition. That way I had pre-access to the Japanese Voices DLC for the English version, but almost everything else is still locked away.

Putting it on sale while all the DLC is still full price is basically a scam.
The game has a garbage English dub, so the Japanese voices DLC is mandatory. And that's already 5 bucks on top or so.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
1 month ago#3
I'll try and answer without calling everything a meme weabo game.

1, You should definitely play Nier Gestalt first. Drakengard 3 won't matter but NierA is a direct sequel to the first game.

2, Drakengard isn't structured like that. Basically it plays kind of like a super linear Dynasty Warriors where you run forward through a stage killing everything and when you get to the end there's a cutscene, you then rest at a single screen camp section and can talk to your party, and then on to the next level.

Like I said, the levels are very linear with only three hidden chest to find per level that aren't far off the beaten path, and the levels don't vary much out side of the different environments (forest/desert/city etc).

3, I didn't finish the game with every weapon maxed as I was waiting for the DLC to go on sale and then I swapped HDD's and lost my save data. But from the few playthroughs/chapters I finished the level system was fine. You also get tons of new weapons and can purchase things between missions at the shop.

4, It's a fairly easy game with one or two difficulty spikes. Nothing too taxing.

It's worth pointing out the game looks like crap and runs terribly. My advice is to turn off blood splatter as it makes seeing anything on screen impossible and turn off camera auto-adjust.

Sounds like a pretty terrible game, right? Well I kind of love it simply because the story and characters are brilliant. If you like dark humour, great writing, memorable characters, and want to play as a bad guy for once then it's worth putting up with the games flaws.

I finished Nier Automata yesterday and while it's a far more polished game and I still really enjoyed it I'd say Drakengard is the more memorable simply because of its cast and writing.

If you're a weeb and like memes then there's no way you won't love it!
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: SgtLunatics

SgtLunatics
1 month ago#4
I just bought it for 20 quid on eBay, new & sealed of course. Expecting it by Friday and I'm gonna pick up a PS3 console tomorrow. Can't wait to play all the games I didn't bother buying years ago for dirt cheap now :D

The game doesn't look THAT bad. I'm expecting it to be a good ride through.
PS4/VITA PSN ID: Sgtlunatics [UK]

User Info: deprofundis442

deprofundis442
1 month ago#5
da_StoOge posted...
I'll try and answer without calling everything a meme weabo game

Thank you!
http://functor.bandcamp.com
http://cadavericlividity.bandcamp.com

User Info: Groovy_Batman

Groovy_Batman
1 month ago#6
I haven't played any of the Drakengard games or the original Nier, but I played through Nier Automata and understood everything just fine. Nier Automata takes place a zillion years after the first game and focuses on completely different characters, so there's nothing from any of the previous games that you need to understand before diving in. There are a couple easter eggs and references to the original Nier though, but that's about it.

Nier Automata is also awesome, so you should definitely play it.

User Info: SgtLunatics

SgtLunatics
1 month ago#7
Just thought i'd post a little update about my experience so far. Fun game, I like the story and the characters and even the comedy moments. Definitely worth the $8.99 sale price. I also bought the Japanese voice pack (10 freakin GBs!) because the English dub is pretty bad from what I saw on YouTube.

So yeah, good game, hope you give it a try!
PS4/VITA PSN ID: Sgtlunatics [UK]
(message deleted)

User Info: juzzieb

juzzieb
1 month ago#9
jimi_dini posted...
Drakengard 3 is a special piece of software and it runs well pretty badly. It's not some flashy meme game.

Have you played Drakengard 1+2 or maybe NieR (not the new crappy meme one)?

The original NieR was based on a joke ending of Drakengard 2. And strangely it works perfectly, like Silent Hill 2+3 perfectly. The new meme one is garbage though unless you like to pay $60 for digital asses. It's one of those "fanservice" games and I mean "fanservice" not actual fan service. Effectively weeb garbage.

And what I mean with weeb garbage is non-sensical "sexy" characters, that make no sense at all story-wise and world-wise. Like combat androids with sexy clothing and miniskirts. Also see Eva in MGS3 (properly written actually sexy character) compared to Quite in MGS5 (not actually sexy, just pretending to be because of "fanservice"). If you like stuff like that, then Drakengard is nothing for you.

Anyway as I said - original NieR is based on a joke ending. Meme sell out "NieR" is based on basically nothing but dumb weeb garbage.
And Drakengard 3 is not some typical RPG especially nothing like Dragon Quest. I can't recommend it from just a gameplay perspective. I actually can't recommend any of those games from just a gameplay perspective. Drakengard 3 and actual "NieR" are games that should be experienced primarily for their characters, world and story.

And finally - Drakengard 3 is also basically Square Enix DLC. There are like 30 or 40 DLC packages and they never went on sale with tons of content locked away (I'm one of the few, who not only bought the American Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition, but I also own the Japanese Drakengard 3 Dragoon Limited Edition. That way I had pre-access to the Japanese Voices DLC for the English version, but almost everything else is still locked away.

Putting it on sale while all the DLC is still full price is basically a scam.
The game has a garbage English dub, so the Japanese voices DLC is mandatory. And that's already 5 bucks on top or so.

Interesting. Because literally all the comedy in Drakengard 3 (90% of the game btw) is just s***ty memes.

User Info: kayako

kayako
1 month ago#10
It's a terrible hack n slash game. 99% of the game is really easy, but that final boss is... something else. The only Nier game I'd pay money for is Automata.
PSN: kayakoyaka
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How is drakengard 3? Its on sale for 9 bucks I believe.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived