This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

January 2018 Game of the Month - Dead Space

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. January 2018 Game of the Month - Dead Space

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
6 months ago#31
MegamanXfan21xx posted...
I loved the first two, but the changes EA made to 3 turned me off of buying it. And then they murdered Visceral. They sure are working hard for those "worst company" awards.

Just like Konami...
Destroyer of lost dreams
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: MegamanXfan21xx

MegamanXfan21xx
6 months ago#32
And not even a month later, they bought Respawn, so I hope you weren't getting too attached to Titanfall. You'll get maybe two more before Respawn gets the axe as well.
Number of fellow Poets of the Fall fans: 24
Want: 20XX (PS4), Psychonauts 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, Bully 2, more Yakuza games

User Info: FeralGhoul52

FeralGhoul52
6 months ago#33
It's not really scary, but it brims with atmosphere and innovation. I've played through it several times.

gamemaster712
6 months ago#34
Obsidian suit isn’t great.

Astronaut has a nice look and same armor as military suit.

Tank needs no explaination and scorpion is an ok option.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

User Info: TRMDYL

TRMDYL
6 months ago#35
Probably my favorite series since Bioshock. The first one is still my favorite and I was devastated to hear the series wouldn't continue because EA.
"Touch Your Eyeballs To Screen For Cheap Laser Surgery."

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
6 months ago#36
Varron posted...
rafamaximo posted...
This is a great pick, you guys are starting the year very well. This is a platinum I am proud of owning, even though it took me SEVEN f***ING YEARS

It's a game I got the platinum for as well, and I don't even hunt trophies lol.

At the time I was not a trophy hunter too (not that I am today, but I've got a few platinums for games I enjoy). I was midway through hardest playthrough to get Epic Tier 3 engineer (mid 2010). Dead Space was a VERY cheap game at that time (not sure why).

Then a friend offered to trade my Dead Space copy for his Yakuza 3 which he had just bought a week before but didn't like the game. I looked the prices of the games online, and traded it right away. Eventually (a few months later), I bought another Dead Space copy. But I realized the copy I gave my friend was a region 2 (coming from UK). I asked my friend for that specific Dead Space copy, but he had already traded it for another game.

I live in Brazil, so it was kinda hard to actually find another Region 2 copy of Dead Space. Not sure why, but all used region 2 copies I'd find would cost over $30, so I always ended up buying more cheaper games I had never played instead. So when I finally was able to grab another region 2 copy (also UK, maybe it was my old one?), I restarted the playthrough to get Epic Tier 3 engineer and score that platinum.

This is why it took me 7 f***ing years to platinum this thing. It isn't even hard, even One Gun trophy is cakewalk, Plasma Cutter is the weapon you're going to use most of the time anyway.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

User Info: V I C I O U S

V I C I O U S
5 months ago#37
Varron posted...

Publisher: Electronic Farts

ELECTRONIC FARTS! XD Yes I am slow and did not read this until now.
"Liking is probably the best form of ownership, and ownership the worst form of liking" - Jose Saramago

User Info: Varron

Varron
5 months ago#38
V I C I O U S posted...
Varron posted...

Publisher: Electronic Farts

ELECTRONIC FARTS! XD Yes I am slow and did not read this until now.

Lol I forgot I wrote that and it even made me chuckle.
Reddit girls are trouble.
PS4/PS3 Gamer

gamemaster712
5 months ago#39
Pulse rifle is decent but burn ammo fast...
Still yet to test out flamethrower.
Pulse rifle murders leviathan though

gamemaster712
5 months ago#40
Learned hard way:
Kill the wall Necromorphs from a distance..
I certainly didn’t get ahead trying to buzz saw it up close
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. January 2018 Game of the Month - Dead Space

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived