This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony is shutting down Gran Turismo 6 servers on March 2018

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony is shutting down Gran Turismo 6 servers on March 2018

User Info: Featuring_Dante

Featuring_Dante
1 month ago#11
rafamaximo posted...
Featuring_Dante posted...
rafamaximo posted...
It's the same dick move they did when they released GT 6... not a surprise. This is why I won't touch GT Sport at all.

Also, all those Sony games being shutdown in PS3, makes me think... they are probably going to kill PS3 online play by the end of 2018, when they announce PS5? Makes sense if you stop to think about it for a minute... But then again, another dick move by Sony.

Somehow i doubt you play GT6, or if you ever did. Ita obvious that no one's playing the game, it costs money to run servers.
It amazes me how oblivious some people are.

Got even a platinum trophy for GT 6 and completed 100% of the game. I've played the hell out of it, even though it's the worse GT entry (GT Sport does not even count for me). Because it was the only GT game where we could race folks online.

You probably have absolutely no idea about what it takes to keep a server going, so I won't even discuss this matter with you. They really want to force you into GT Sport. Same move they did when GT 6 was launched and was also a s*** show compared to the already not-so-good GT 5.

Yeah im sure they're slapping your wrist and forcing you to buy gt sport.
I love how its not your favorite GT title yet you got the platinum for it, amazing feat.
An Evil Within

User Info: Rufus_the_rat

Rufus_the_rat
1 month ago#12
Fredrick2003x posted...
Usually you are able to redownload whatever DLC you have already purchased. The only case I can think of of stuff being yanked out of your library is the PT ordeal. You can still redownload purchased PSP games, even if you can't access the PSN store. This is really unprecedented.

I think they're just saying, in their usual malicious corporate speak, that you won't be able to purchase any new DLC after Jan 31st. Not that what you already purchased will be yanked. It's still a vindictive move by Sony either way, of course.

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
1 month ago#13
Thanks Sony, for letting me know another game that I shouldn't buy. Keep it going, Sony, this definitely won't bite your ass in the future.
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#14
PS3 is so yesterday. To be honest, I'm more shocked that most of these servers even managed to make it this far.
http://i.imgur.com/5xFoy0W.jpg

User Info: Gatchan2

Gatchan2
1 month ago#15
Zack_Attackv1 posted...
PS3 is so yesterday. To be honest, I'm more shocked that most of these servers even managed to make it this far.

PS3 PSN still rakes in $ though so not really. In many countries where PS4 is not even an option due to price, PS3 is still viable. Its the reason sports games pushed through on the PS2 even up to 2011
"Call of Duty Players aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers."
--- Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin

Featuring_Dante
1 month ago#16
Gatchan2 posted...
Zack_Attackv1 posted...

PS3 PSN still rakes in $ though so not really. In many countries where PS4 is not even an option due to price, PS3 is still viable. Its the reason sports games pushed through on the PS2 even up to 2011

Sports games are a different market, really.
Its debatable whether ps3 psn makes money, seeing as how sony is constantly closing down servers. They're gauging interest with the constant stream of sales though.
An Evil Within

User Info: Gatchan2

Gatchan2
1 month ago#17
Gatchan2 posted...
Zack_Attackv1 posted...

Its debatable whether ps3 psn makes money, seeing as how sony is constantly closing down servers. They're gauging interest with the constant stream of sales though.

Its not debatable. They make money with it. fact.
"Call of Duty Players aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers."
--- Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin

Featuring_Dante
1 month ago#18
Gatchan2 posted...
Gatchan2 posted...
Zack_Attackv1 posted...

Its not debatable. They make money with it. fact.

Saying that doesnt make it so.
An Evil Within

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
1 month ago#19
rafamaximo posted...
rafamaximo posted...
It's the same dick move they did when they released GT 6... not a surprise. This is why I won't touch GT Sport at all.

Also, all those Sony games being shutdown in PS3, makes me think... they are probably going to kill PS3 online play by the end of 2018, when they announce PS5? Makes sense if you stop to think about it for a minute... But then again, another dick move by Sony.

Somehow i doubt you play GT6, or if you ever did. Ita obvious that no one's playing the game, it costs money to run servers.

Got even a platinum trophy for GT 6 and completed 100% of the game. I've played the hell out of it, even though it's the worse GT entry (GT Sport does not even count for me). Because it was the only GT game where we could race folks online.

You probably have absolutely no idea about what it takes to keep a server going, so I won't even discuss this matter with you. They really want to force you into GT Sport. Same move they did when GT 6 was launched and was also a s*** show compared to the already not-so-good GT 5.

I love how its not your favorite GT title yet you got the platinum for it, amazing feat.

I share my gaming systems with a 13 and a 7 yo boys. They won most of the trophies (which shows up how stupid GT6 is). I played more for cleaning up a few career races and for racing online with a few friends, since we used to have an active club. Not sure why you care so much about defending Sony when they are trying to shove s***ty Sport down our throats and are shutting down the only half-decent online racing game we have in PS3.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

Featuring_Dante
1 month ago#20
rafamaximo posted...
rafamaximo posted...
rafamaximo posted...

I share my gaming systems with a 13 and a 7 yo boys. They won most of the trophies (which shows up how stupid GT6 is). I played more for cleaning up a few career races and for racing online with a few friends, since we used to have an active club. Not sure why you care so much about defending Sony when they are trying to shove s***ty Sport down our throats and are shutting down the only half-decent online racing game we have in PS3.

Sport is anything but a bad game. Its actually a fun game that advances what GT is all about, which is racing. The tire model and suspension model have been redone and they're absolutely fantastic.
Ofcourse i don't agree with the requirement of being online to save, but i cant lie and call GT a bad game when its not.
An Evil Within
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony is shutting down Gran Turismo 6 servers on March 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived