This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony is shutting down Gran Turismo 6 servers on March 2018

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony is shutting down Gran Turismo 6 servers on March 2018

User Info: Gatchan2

Gatchan2
4 months ago#1
prior to that, on January 31, 2018, distribution of downloadable content that can be used in the game will also end.

After March 28, the following online services will no longer be usable:

Community
Open Lobby
Quick Match
Seasonal Events
The offline portions of Gran Turismo 6 will remain playable.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2017/12/gran-turismo-6-online-services-end-march-28#eymjDw2OiFJeJptL.99

well that sucks but expected I guess.
"Call of Duty Players aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers."
--- Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
4 months ago#2
It's the same dick move they did when they released GT 6... not a surprise. This is why I won't touch GT Sport at all.

Also, all those Sony games being shutdown in PS3, makes me think... they are probably going to kill PS3 online play by the end of 2018, when they announce PS5? Makes sense if you stop to think about it for a minute... But then again, another dick move by Sony.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
4 months ago#3
First Killzone 2 and now Granturismo.Thats why Sony sucks balls these days.
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
4 months ago#4
even if it means shutting down one, doesn't mean the trophy's will be obtainable. just depends which of those trophies needed online to plat.

judging by the looks of things (it won't be affected).
I'd hate to be that guy. he'll be dodging freak accidents for the rest of his life now. Final Destination rules - RickyTheBAWSE

User Info: Featuring_Dante

Featuring_Dante
4 months ago#5
rafamaximo posted...
It's the same dick move they did when they released GT 6... not a surprise. This is why I won't touch GT Sport at all.

Also, all those Sony games being shutdown in PS3, makes me think... they are probably going to kill PS3 online play by the end of 2018, when they announce PS5? Makes sense if you stop to think about it for a minute... But then again, another dick move by Sony.

Somehow i doubt you play GT6, or if you ever did. Ita obvious that no one's playing the game, it costs money to run servers.
It amazes me how oblivious some people are.
An Evil Within

User Info: Fredrick2003x

Fredrick2003x
4 months ago#6
I've lost my damn mind I'm an idiot.

I've been telling people "bro you f***ing dumb GT 6 just came out" but I guess that was GT Sport with the demo a month back.

I 100% forgot GT6 was an actual game that came out.

EDIT:
To expand on the actual topic. It's not unusual to shut down online service for games when the new console is out. We can't play any of our PS2 games online on the official servers. It would make sense for PS3 to follow suit.

Gatchan2 posted...
prior to that, on January 31, 2018, distribution of downloadable content that can be used in the game will also end.

This bit is weird though and an extra kick in the nuts. I've never heard of any game take out the ability to download DLC.
Now Playing - [PS4] Horizon Zero Dawn (Guerilla Games, 2017) - [XONE] Halo The Master Chief Collection (343/Bungie, 2014)

User Info: Featuring_Dante

Featuring_Dante
4 months ago#7
Fredrick2003x posted...

I've been telling people "bro you f***ing dumb GT 6 just came out" but I guess that was GT Sport with the demo a month back.

EDIT:
To expand on the actual topic. It's not unusual to shut down online service for games when the new console is out. We can't play any of our PS2 games online on the official servers. It would make sense for PS3 to follow suit.

Gatchan2 posted...

This bit is weird though and an extra kick in the nuts. I've never heard of any game take out the ability to download DLC.

Whats weird about it? If you bought the dlc, you could still use it, if you didnt well you cant anymore. Not like it matters, if you were slightly interested you would've bought it long ago.
An Evil Within

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
4 months ago#8
They never did give that game endurance races, and with GTS being online only I won't be buying anything from them again. I've put over 1 million miles each in GT3-5 (probably 1-2 as well, but miles weren't tracked yet.) I put 20,000ish miles in 6 with every race done multiple times, and probably the majority of the miles were on time trials. There was no variety unless you like doing 3 lap races with the early races. Almost everything after ib was 650pp. I've always had high standards for the series, but even with low standards, GT6 was an insult. As for it losing online... Idc. The community never matched 5, and they cut almost everything out that made 5's online stellar.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

User Info: Fredrick2003x

Fredrick2003x
4 months ago#9
Featuring_Dante posted...
Fredrick2003x posted...

EDIT:

Gatchan2 posted...

Whats weird about it? If you bought the dlc, you could still use it, if you didnt well you cant anymore. Not like it matters, if you were slightly interested you would've bought it long ago.

Usually you are able to redownload whatever DLC you have already purchased. The only case I can think of of stuff being yanked out of your library is the PT ordeal. You can still redownload purchased PSP games, even if you can't access the PSN store. This is really unprecedented.
Now Playing - [PS4] Horizon Zero Dawn (Guerilla Games, 2017) - [XONE] Halo The Master Chief Collection (343/Bungie, 2014)

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
4 months ago#10
Featuring_Dante posted...
rafamaximo posted...

Somehow i doubt you play GT6, or if you ever did. Ita obvious that no one's playing the game, it costs money to run servers.
It amazes me how oblivious some people are.

Got even a platinum trophy for GT 6 and completed 100% of the game. I've played the hell out of it, even though it's the worse GT entry (GT Sport does not even count for me). Because it was the only GT game where we could race folks online.

You probably have absolutely no idea about what it takes to keep a server going, so I won't even discuss this matter with you. They really want to force you into GT Sport. Same move they did when GT 6 was launched and was also a s*** show compared to the already not-so-good GT 5.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony is shutting down Gran Turismo 6 servers on March 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived