This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Repair questions for phat ps3 a01

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Repair questions for phat ps3 a01

User Info: princedarkshadw

princedarkshadw
4 months ago#1
I have 2 old 60 gb ps3 with ps2 chip. One has a small trace damage on the wire that goes between the 2 main chips bout size of tip of pen and another with only issue being the hdmi port works, however couple of the connection lines in the connector is shorter/damaged where you have to set plug in just right and don't bump cord or move console otherwise signal cuts out. I guess I could live with hdmi issue since it still works fully (I do have soldering skills but the very tiny pins are lot smaller than I'm used to), however the other console doesn't even boot up. I know it worked before the small chip on the board. Is there way to fix or find place to fix that tiny trace wire?
Wii U - SaberPrince Switch - SW-7421-5428-3224
PSN - princedarkshdw

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
4 months ago#2
I'm pretty sure repair shops worth their stuff can repair damaged pcb traces, even if takes a little while. If it's not the chip itself that is damaged, you should expect the repair to be quite cheap too.

The damaged hmdi port might be more complicated and expensive too, those soldering points are real nasty indeed.
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno

User Info: princedarkshadw

princedarkshadw
4 months ago#3
Ok thank you. Yeah the chips everything is fine, just a tiny speck chip on board itself between the 2 chips, of course right on top of a trace, and well 2 traces next to it. The middle one looks like only one gone other two look like it was slid to side. Bout area of ball point pen. Ill have to look around see who does that kind of work.
Wii U - SaberPrince Switch - SW-7421-5428-3224
PSN - princedarkshdw
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Repair questions for phat ps3 a01

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived