This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just Cause 2. What the hell is wrong with the game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just Cause 2. What the hell is wrong with the game?

User Info: ephman97

ephman97
2 months ago#11
WizardofHoth posted...
Well I know it's not a bad disc because the other two games work.

TC, it's possible that there could be a small scratch or defect in the disc that is only implicated when you reach a certain mission or cutscene in a particular game. I had a similar experience with Alpha Protocol, which worked perfectly up until a certain cutscene, at which point it would freeze. There was nothing wrong with the game itself (based on my review of the message boards), it appeared to be a problem with my particular disc.

Try using a microfiber cloth and cleaning the disc gently. Even if you don't see any flaws on the disc, it's possible there could be dust or other materials interfering with the laser. In my case, this worked and allowed me to continue playing without freezing.

Good luck!
PSN ephman97. Recent favorites: Child of Light (PS3 game), Uprooted (novel), Primer (film), The 100 (tv show), Vanguard (fund)

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
2 months ago#12
Are you even listening?

Ive said that the other two games on that Ultimate Trilogy game disc they work just fine.

Its the Just Cause 2 game that keeps freezing up and it has something to do with Just Cause 2's HDD thing that causes the game to freeze up.

Even if I had to go buy the regular Just Cause 2 game it would probably do the same damn thing.

User Info: punisher1379

punisher1379
2 months ago#13
WizardofHoth posted...
Are you even listening?

You don't seem to be listening.
Top 5: Metroid Prime, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Xenoblade

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
2 months ago#14
WizardofHoth posted...
Are you even listening?

Ive said that the other two games on that Ultimate Trilogy game disc they work just fine.

Its the Just Cause 2 game that keeps freezing up and it has something to do with Just Cause 2's HDD thing that causes the game to freeze up.

Even if I had to go buy the regular Just Cause 2 game it would probably do the same damn thing.

My copy of Assassin's Creed Revelations plays flawlessly in single player, but as soon I hit the MP and play Rome map, it always locks up the entire console, forcing to reset..and guess what? The disc has a tiny scratch enough to do that.

It doesn't matter if the other two games runs fine, the disc might be bad if it always locks at the same point, especially since you mentioned buying it used.
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
2 months ago#15
It may have been labeled as "previously used" but it was still new at shopko

User Info: DarkMark942

DarkMark942
2 months ago#16
The PS3 is a buggy system. Mine had all kinds of problems with Max Payne 3 and Killzone 3, while most other games work fine. Honestly though Just Cause 2 is a bad game, you're not missing out.
Seattle Seahawks SBXLVIII Champions

User Info: a_riot04

a_riot04
2 months ago#17
Haha. This thread. No wonder you got some rep in MH4U boards TC.

BTW, got the digital ultimate version working flawlessly, well, almost flawlessly. It sometimes crashes the system when closing the game. Got 108 hours clocked in.
Reinforcements? I am THE reinforcements.

User Info: Backlogx

Backlogx
2 months ago#18
I have the same trilogy you mentioned last year, got it brand new for $20 and I beat the just cause 2 with no problems other than a few slow loading's it never glitched on me or froze so you might have gotten a bad disc the only game I haven't played is sleeping dogs I currently have like 10 games I haven't started so it'll be awhile for me to play the disc again but tomb raider & just cause 2 gave me no problems and I'm using a super slim ps3

User Info: Backlogx

Backlogx
2 months ago#19
DarkMark942 posted...
The PS3 is a buggy system. Mine had all kinds of problems with Max Payne 3 and Killzone 3, while most other games work fine. Honestly though Just Cause 2 is a bad game, you're not missing out.

I beat Max Payne 3 and Killzone 3 with no problems, I haven't encountered any problems so far with any game guess older versions of the ps3 might be buggy mine is the super slim which I got last year

User Info: DarkMark942

DarkMark942
2 months ago#20
Backlogx posted...
DarkMark942 posted...

I beat Max Payne 3 and Killzone 3 with no problems, I haven't encountered any problems so far with any game guess older versions of the ps3 might be buggy mine is the super slim which I got last year

Mine is also a super slim.
Seattle Seahawks SBXLVIII Champions
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just Cause 2. What the hell is wrong with the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived