This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

effin yakuza 5 didn't go on sale.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. effin yakuza 5 didn't go on sale.

User Info: Haoie

Haoie
2 months ago#11
Just get it - the series always could use more support
PlayStation enthusiast/collector, from PS1 to PS3!

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
2 months ago#12
Ehh, as much as I'd like to see it go on sale myself, 40 usd, you can't go wrong with that. So much to do!
/BinBinricecake - Morgan - Warrior/~"You're brothers-in-nobody's-arms. Family that's lonely together is bro-nly together"
-Teddy

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
2 months ago#13
rafamaximo posted...
Why would this game ever be on sale? This game is kind of a niche game and the only way to purchase it is through PSN. So why would prices go down? It's like having the last lemonade in the desert...

And that's why I didn't buy it and will never buy it.
Screw Sega for doing this.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#14
jimi_dini posted...
rafamaximo posted...
Why would this game ever be on sale? This game is kind of a niche game and the only way to purchase it is through PSN. So why would prices go down? It's like having the last lemonade in the desert...

And that's why I didn't buy it and will never buy it.
Screw Sega for doing this.

Your loss and a great loss for you in my personal opinion. Worth every penny I paid on release day.
Ryse > Knack

User Info: Backlogx

Backlogx
2 months ago#15
is there a way to get the physical copy of the game other than the Japanese import?

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
2 months ago#16
Backlogx posted...
is there a way to get the physical copy of the game other than the Japanese import?

Sadly, no.
/BinBinricecake - Morgan - Warrior/~"You're brothers-in-nobody's-arms. Family that's lonely together is bro-nly together"
-Teddy

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
2 months ago#17
INKU48 posted...
Worth every penny I paid on release day.

Nope. Digital downloads are not worth anything. Literally.
I don't support companies, who are anti-customer.

When some tiny company is able to print a very limited amount of discs/carts (*), then Sega is able to do so too.
The lowest print made by that company was only 1,500 copies.
And I mean they could have also simply printed another batch for Japan and put a Japanese/English version on the discs. But nope.
Sega can f*** right off.

(*) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_Run_Games
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
2 months ago#18
jimi_dini posted...
INKU48 posted...
Worth every penny I paid on release day.

I don't support companies, who are anti-customer.

When some tiny company is able to print a very limited amount of discs/carts (*), then Sega is able to do so too.
The lowest print made by that company was only 1,500 copies.
And I mean they could have also simply printed another batch for Japan and put a Japanese/English version on the discs. But nope.
Sega can f*** right off.

(*) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_Run_Games

So edgy. Because you definitely buy the entire rights to their software when you buy their disc, not just like the right to use them as a final customer.

F*** Sega for localizing a game that many pledged for years. They can screw themselves, greedy bastards.

=P
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#19
jimi_dini posted...

Do you not go to the movies, the theater, concerts or other forms of entertainment where you don't get a physical item in return? Do you not pay for any TV channels streaming digital entertainment? No Netflix, no Hulu or anything like that? None of these are worth anything, literally.

I think companies should try to please as many of their consumers as possible but my enjoyment of Yakuza 5 was just as great as if I had bought a physical copy. I was entertained, therefore it was worth it. If you value collecting more than entertainment then you are entitled to your own opinion. Don't tell me what's worth it or not to me though.
Ryse > Knack

User Info: XgovernmentAgen

XgovernmentAgen
2 months ago#20
Glad I got it for free with ps plus a couple of years ago, awesome game!
You feeling like a star cas they sweat ya, well I'm feeling like a start cas I radiate light that will widen your retina
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. effin yakuza 5 didn't go on sale.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived