This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does SONY update + care about hackers if they dont even sell PS3 Dualshock?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why does SONY update + care about hackers if they dont even sell PS3 Dualshock?

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
4 months ago#21
Ranvryant posted...
If you guys are really into it, do your holidays in Southeast Asia countries like Thailand, Singapore or Malaysia. New DS3s are still pretty much available there.

As a person who lives in one of the countries you’ve just mentioned, I can confirm that most of them are bootlegs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688

User Info: HighwayPilot

HighwayPilot
4 months ago#22
Cheap knockoff DS3's ordered online can still be quite good. I got one for 4-multiplayer and other than having slightly stiffer analog sticks and no sixxaxis it works great and for every game.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 months ago#23
rafamaximo posted...
download stuff from store

Oh thanks Sony that you still allow me to buy stuff.
T-Thanks

but those things will probably last forever,

No, they don't. Because they are low quality. On the other hand, sure. DS3 is probably better quality than the DS4. That's for sure.

bungiefan posted...
so BluRay players need an update to get the new keys

BS
I own a Blu-ray player which hasn't been updated for 3 years now and it still plays latest releases.

It's probably that some company is incompetent about their whole security and possibly got their own keys (and customer data and all sorts of other crap) into the hands of hackers because of that somehow.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 months ago#24
jimi_dini posted...
so BluRay players need an update to get the new keys

BS
I own a Blu-ray player which hasn't been updated for 3 years now and it still plays latest releases.

It's probably that some company is incompetent about their whole security and possibly got their own keys (and customer data and all sorts of other crap) into the hands of hackers because of that somehow.

Standard players like that can update offline because the new keys are included on the discs to be installed to players. PS3 just has a different OS, so it needs its own updates. The new firmware has already been looked at by people on hacking forums and consensus is all that changed was support for the new BluRay movie keys.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
4 months ago#25
jimi_dini posted...
rafamaximo posted...
download stuff from store

Oh thanks Sony that you still allow me to buy stuff.
T-Thanks

but those things will probably last forever,

No, they don't. Because they are low quality. On the other hand, sure. DS3 is probably better quality than the DS4. That's for sure.

Not thanking Sony for allowing to buy stuff, you know, I DON'T buy anything from PSN, I could find all PS3 games I wanted cheaper in disc, already have a complete library with all games I wanted for PS3 (not much, around 100 games only, including games I bought for my kid, who is growing up and will eventually lose interest in those). What I am saying is that they STILL provide support for their software (which is pretty different than hardware) in PS3, I didn't mention the store only, I mentioned online play, which is still free. But some people on these boards like acting as an idiot and quoting only what they see fit from other people's post. It's only a matter of time until PS5 news start to be serious, so Sony should cut all PS3 support when PS5 is around the corner. That is the time when I'll think about modding mine, only to use my PS2 discs in a more convenient manner.

And yes, PS3 controllers WILL last forever. I sold my first PS3 controller last week, a very old Sixaxis controller (no vibration) that came along with my first PS3, a Fat I bought back in 2009, February. A dude paid almost the double used controllers go for in my region because he said it was rare and he wanted for collection sake. This controller had been thrown in the toilet accidentally by my kid when he was 2 years old (he grabbed the controller, started running around home, got into the bathroom and dropped it, luckily the water was clean). I dried and cleaned it up and that's it, a couple days later it was working again, up to this day. So if you don't mash your controllers, they will be around for very, very longer than the consoles itself.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why does SONY update + care about hackers if they dont even sell PS3 Dualshock?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived