This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does SONY update + care about hackers if they dont even sell PS3 Dualshock?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why does SONY update + care about hackers if they dont even sell PS3 Dualshock?

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
4 months ago#1
They dont make the controller anymore so why do they care what people do with the console they dont support anymore?

I dont care about hacking but I would like some brand new Dualshock 3 controllers.
And dont come telling people to buy Dualshock 4 because its not compatible with all games.

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
4 months ago#2
Sony has a long history of doing things just to inconvenience people. Things like blu-ray disc price fixing, Cutting out features like PS2 bc, or ANY bc on PS4, etc. They basically only do it as contempt.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

User Info: DarkMark942

DarkMark942
4 months ago#3
They still give out PS plus games too. Most are garbage, but yeah how does Sony expect us to play without a controller.
Seattle Seahawks SBXLVIII Champions

User Info: Villain

Villain
4 months ago#4
Did the new firmware update break some controller compatibility or something?
http://i.imgur.com/ZWNgMXL.jpg
Formerly known as Will VIIII

User Info: deprofundis442

deprofundis442
4 months ago#5
Villain posted...
Did the new firmware update break some controller compatibility or something?

I think he's saying it's weird for Sony to go out of their way to stop hacking of a system they don't even sell anymore. Why bother with pirates if you can't bother with the customers, basically.
http://functor.bandcamp.com
http://cadavericlividity.bandcamp.com

User Info: Villain

Villain
4 months ago#6
I mean, digital games still go on sale so the PS3 can still be profitable.

That said, it's pretty stupid of them to ban hackers with CFW who still want to make legitimate purchases. I guess that's why Nintendo looks the other way.
http://i.imgur.com/ZWNgMXL.jpg
Formerly known as Will VIIII

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
4 months ago#7
What gets me is how there isn't really a good third party controller for the PS3 (or PS4) unless you count the Power A Fus1on on PS3, but that's wired and it's kind of tough to go back to a wired controller after using a wireless one. But on the PS4 there isn't a controller that has all the functions of the Dualshock 4.

Plus none of the third party ones have working home/PS buttons, so you still need an official one if you wanna access the XMB from a game.
Internet forum logic: When my opinion agrees with yours we're good. When it doesn't, the one with the different opinion is 'whining'. Gotta love the internet!

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 months ago#8
DarkMark942 posted...
They still give out PS plus games too. Most are garbage, but yeah how does Sony expect us to play without a controller.

They probably hope that everyone cancels their PS+ subscription on PS3, because they probably don't want to throw everyone out themselves (which they can) and then make everyone lose their "free" games. lol
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: RJP_X

RJP_X
4 months ago#9
they stopped producing new DS3's?

damn, and the quality of new controllers were plummeting. hell, my older DS3 doesn't have ghost movement, just very wobbly sticks from uses. so i attempted 3 new controllers and its like, they cant release them without ghost movement a few days after use. the controller i'm using now gets it all the time, but an odd trick that works is running a little rubbing alcohol through the sticks opening, rotate the stick, leave it alone. then its back to normal for awhile before the next act up.
''Never lenient... On your zenith.'' -Cam'ron
PSN: RJP_X

User Info: SoF-Rambo

SoF-Rambo
4 months ago#10
All that s*** with the PSP made them paranoid af. Can’t blame them for not wanting a second pirate’s haven.
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : D0ntTurnAr0und2
Current Most Played : Battlefield 3(PS3), Star Trek Online(PS4), Rainbow Six: Siege(PS4), and World at War(PS3)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why does SONY update + care about hackers if they dont even sell PS3 Dualshock?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived