This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hooking ps3 to old tv

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Hooking ps3 to old tv

User Info: Backlogx

Backlogx
4 months ago#1
Hey there is there a way to hook a ps3 to an old tv that doesn't have the yellow, red, white entries? I've looked up online and there's seems to be adapters similar to the ps1/ps2 ones but the reviews said it didn't work with the ps3's I have 2 really good contidion old tv's that do not have the entries so I was wondering if there was a way to hook the ps3 to them?

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
4 months ago#2
Depends on the inputs that TV has. By “old” do you mean CRT? You can also check for component inputs (red, green, blue).
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
4 months ago#3
If you have a VHS (or DVD) player, you could try hooking it up through that.

User Info: kaminarikid

kaminarikid
4 months ago#4
The official PS1 RFU adapter might work on PS3. I did a quick google search and at least a couple of people have confirmed it works on PS3, so you could give it a try.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/Kaminari_Kid.png

Backlogx
4 months ago#5
Iroquois2688 posted...
Depends on the inputs that TV has. By “old” do you mean CRT? You can also check for component inputs (red, green, blue).

By old I mean the tv's that only have the hole for the Antenna, they are so old they don't have any yellow,white,red entries only the hole for the antenna my uncle was going to throw them away but I rescued them and wondered if they can be played with the ps3 since there's many ps3 titles that play good in old tv's

Backlogx
4 months ago#6
desuno-to posted...
If you have a VHS (or DVD) player, you could try hooking it up through that.

I have a dvd player that doesn't work to watch movies but it does turn on, can you explain me how to do it?

Backlogx
4 months ago#7
kaminarikid posted...
The official PS1 RFU adapter might work on PS3. I did a quick google search and at least a couple of people have confirmed it works on PS3, so you could give it a try.

Can you give me the amazon link? there's many out there and don't want to waste money ordering the wrong one

Backlogx
4 months ago#8
btw my ps3 it's a super slim model that I just got last year

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 months ago#9
PS3 has the same multi-AV port the PS1 and PS2 have, and is compatible with all the old cables, including the RF cable. Note that RF is the worst possible TV connection for a game console, and the system will only be able to put out 480i, which makes the text super small in a bunch of PS3 games. Many PS3 games were not built to run on old SDTVs and do not scale their graphics well to the resolution.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

Backlogx
4 months ago#10
bungiefan posted...
PS3 has the same multi-AV port the PS1 and PS2 have, and is compatible with all the old cables, including the RF cable. Note that RF is the worst possible TV connection for a game console, and the system will only be able to put out 480i, which makes the text super small in a bunch of PS3 games. Many PS3 games were not built to run on old SDTVs and do not scale their graphics well to the resolution.

I have a ps2 adapted I used for years but I don't know where I put it so was thinking getting a new one to try with the tv's and yes I don't care much about the graphics as long as the game is playable right now I'm having issues with some games cause It's hard to read the text I have a 32inch fat tv for my ps3 but this tv is more modern and has the yellow,red,white entries unlike the smaller tv's I explained in my post but I understand your point I'm 100% sure a ps2 runs fine cause I played like that for years but if the ps3 works too then they won't be wasted if hook a backup ps3 to one of those
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Hooking ps3 to old tv

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived