This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the reasoning for skipping a bunch of PS3/PS4 Multiplat titles?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What was the reasoning for skipping a bunch of PS3/PS4 Multiplat titles?

User Info: CaiusQualls

CaiusQualls
4 months ago#1
This was an issue from localization last year. Like Star Ocean, SAO and Tales of Berseria. I think they would have still had great sales.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 months ago#2
The people who still buy PS3 games are probably mostly those who struggle to justify the cost of $60 games, a PS4 or gaming PC. I don't think they would have sold well.

People still playing the PS3 probably do so because of backlogs and that it is incredible value compared to buying a next gen device, both in hardware and the abundance of super cheap games. They do not buy $60 games, in general. They buy used cheap games and cheap Flash Sale games. Square Enix and Bamco want your $60, not your $3 in a Flash Sale 5 years from now or nothing from a used Gamestop sale.
Ryse > Knack

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
4 months ago#3
Some of those "cheap" games are still brand new like WWE 2K17 that went on sale. Its still brand new just its marked down thats all.

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
4 months ago#4
Man I still play GG xard with people on PS4, if you ask me, more games should of done this like GTA5 as not everyone wants to buy a PS4, I still got very little reason to get a PS4 ever since I got a gaming PC

Honestly it would of been a better move for the industry but they could care less, this is why I can't get back into consoles anymore, they are in their own weird space right now that I don't like
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
4 months ago#5
It amazes me that Grand Theft Auto V you can get it cheaper for the X box consoles while GTA V is still 30ish bucks in stores while I can find Grand Theft Auto IV dirt cheap at a Gamestop store.

That and the GTA San Andreas Playstation 3 version at Walmart at 19.99 bucks or lower

User Info: CaiusQualls

CaiusQualls
4 months ago#6
It's just very inconvenient to even buy a PS4 for the games that had PS3 versions in Japan, they should have localized these final titles.

User Info: spectral

spectral
4 months ago#7
They're not interested in peoples convenience they're a business they're interested in money. They simply wouldn't have sold enough to justify the cost involved

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
4 months ago#8
CaiusQualls posted...
It's just very inconvenient to even buy a PS4 for the games that had PS3 versions in Japan, they should have localized these final titles.

Yah don't get me started on this, they have zero reason not to put them on the PSN store, no physical copies to sell, no advertisements, and they would definitely get the translation costs budget back + profit
PSN:yahyano1
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What was the reasoning for skipping a bunch of PS3/PS4 Multiplat titles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived