This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation 3 Firmware update 4.82 out!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Playstation 3 Firmware update 4.82 out!

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
5 months ago#71
W_R posted...
rafamaximo posted...
Best thing you can do. Let me quote Ricky Gervais here:
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid

Hey dude, if you don't want to respond to my points then fine. But no need to call people stupid just because you disagree with them. You do realize I could have done exactly the same thing, do you not? It accomplishes nothing.

If you feel that was directed to you, not my problem.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

User Info: W_R

W_R
5 months ago#72
rafamaximo posted...
W_R posted...
rafamaximo posted...
Best thing you can do. Let me quote Ricky Gervais here:
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid

Hey dude, if you don't want to respond to my points then fine. But no need to call people stupid just because you disagree with them. You do realize I could have done exactly the same thing, do you not? It accomplishes nothing.

If you feel that was directed to you, not my problem.

You are responsible for what you post. It was "directed" as you put it, at Gaara_fan of course, but it is patently obvious you were referring to me.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
5 months ago#73
W_R posted...
You are responsible for what you post. It was "directed" as you put it, at Gaara_fan of course, but it is patently obvious you were referring to me.

Indeed, I am responsible for what I post. Not for what you think / feel / understand about it. If you think that was about you, it is patently obvious: not my problem.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

W_R
5 months ago#74
rafamaximo posted...
W_R posted...

Indeed, I am responsible for what I post. Not for what you think / feel / understand about it. If you think that was about you, it is patently obvious: not my problem.

Calling people "stupid" (the word you used), whoever you're talking about, is your problem, and a problem for the forum. I'm asking you to please refrain from that so discussions can stay civil.

Thanks.

User Info: Strider Hien

Strider Hien
5 months ago#75
So,uh.....I guess I can ask this here without getting ignored in the discussion.

My BF just updated his PS3 to this version and it stopped playing games. BD movies are fine and dandy,though.

Been searching Hi and Low for any info. and nothing.Any suggestions?
Defender of Justice.Destroyer of Evil.Eternal Goody 2 shoes and friendly rival to everyone I encounter.PSN:DJSTRIDER

User Info: hideousfranchis

hideousfranchis
5 months ago#76
I updated it last night and my machine seems dead
Corrupt messays and in safety mode the joy pad does nothing.
Update a vita there weeks ago abs same thing happened
I want to try to get an older firmware on USB on see if it helps
Red Forman is my spirit animal.

User Info: Strider Hien

Strider Hien
5 months ago#77
Update:

My bro cannot play BD discs.He opened the console and cleaned the optic lens.Nothing happened...

Console reproduces DVD and CD-ROM discs without hassle.
Defender of Justice.Destroyer of Evil.Eternal Goody 2 shoes and friendly rival to everyone I encounter.PSN:DJSTRIDER

W_R
5 months ago#78
Strider Hien posted...
Update:

My bro cannot play BD discs.He opened the console and cleaned the optic lens.Nothing happened...

Console reproduces DVD and CD-ROM discs without hassle.

Sounds like the blu-ray laser may need to be replaced. A different laser is used for CDs/DVDs.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
5 months ago#79
W_R posted...
You still have the license to access launch to software, but they don't have to provide indefinite access to redownloads.

A court should decide on this.
Also: if they can't make it so that customers actually are able to ACCESS *their* purchased content, then they should simply stop selling anything digitally. OR give full control to government over the servers, while paying say 1% extra taxes to fund that. Simple as that.

It's all because of DRM. Companies should be forced to either provide access to purchased content or have to remove DRM, so that customers are actually able to make backups and use them.

It's laughable in any case. Digital purchases is a huge positive for companies like Sony, Nintendo, etc. Normally you are able to SELL your game. To give your game to a friend. To take your game to a friend. All of that is lost. Companies have full control. Customers lose all control. And then the companies can't even deliver access to that content after some years?

Why would anyone in their right mind buy digital anything?

Why is Steam not cutting off older games and make access to older games impossible?

Why is GOG able to sell games without DRM, so that customers are actually owning it and everyone else isn't?
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

W_R
5 months ago#80
jimi_dini posted...
W_R posted...
You still have the license to access launch to software, but they don't have to provide indefinite access to redownloads.

A court should decide on this.

Maybe, but unless you specifically rejected arbitration a few years ago, you can't take it to court. And even if someone could get a court to take that case, I highly doubt Sony would lose. It's a goodwill thing honestly. There are a lot of people who still use PS3s and they don't want to alienate those customers.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Playstation 3 Firmware update 4.82 out!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived