This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Still using the PS3 in 2018

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Still using the PS3 in 2018

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
6 months ago#111
Buying a brand new PS3 and games with some of tax refund. I enjoy my PS4, but miss my old PS 3, sooooo many good games

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
6 months ago#112
Jx1010 posted...
desuno-to posted...
Jx1010 posted...
2018 starts soon, get ready!
What PS3 game will start your year?

I'm still waiting for an Eiyuu Senki sale

What sale is that

Any sale that PSN decides to put on that discounts that game for the first time, ever.

User Info: Atarifanboy1977

Atarifanboy1977
6 months ago#113
I play my ps3 lots more than mt ps4. Ive got almost 140 games for it. I also use it as my main youtube device

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
5 months ago#114
after my phat died i didn't play ps3 for years until just recently when i got a slim.

lots of games to still play or replay.

always loved the xmb aswell.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
5 months ago#115
youngskillz posted...
always loved the xmb aswell.

Good point.
PSN: Handsomistic1 NNID: Handsomistic15
3DS FC: 2767-1438-6425

User Info: Nate46

Nate46
5 months ago#116
2018 and the next web browser for the PS3 is still a steaming pile of garbage. Happy New Year.

User Info: DirectorGeneral

DirectorGeneral
5 months ago#117
Yggdrasille posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
phobia881 posted...
I'll get a PS4 when the PS5 comes out

I'll never understand this mindset...With the PS2 I get it but with the PS4 you are going to miss ALOT of online gaming experiences because you are joining when the community has moved on...You are going to be too late.

Unless you only play singleplayer.

Most of PS4 games will be "remastered" or rereleased on PS5. If current gen's remastering trend is not obvious enough, I don't know the definition of obvious anymore.

I prefer a second option - PS4 BC. Both have the same architecture and the long term goal is to retain gamers into the same ecosystem.

On topic, I have the PS3 on in case I want to play through a game in my immense backlog, but I'm focused on playing the PS4 now.
I have an increasingly dark sense of humour. Fight me.

User Info: Yggdrasille

Yggdrasille
5 months ago#118
DirectorGeneral posted...
Yggdrasille posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
phobia881 posted...
I'll get a PS4 when the PS5 comes out

I'll never understand this mindset...With the PS2 I get it but with the PS4 you are going to miss ALOT of online gaming experiences because you are joining when the community has moved on...You are going to be too late.

Unless you only play singleplayer.

Most of PS4 games will be "remastered" or rereleased on PS5. If current gen's remastering trend is not obvious enough, I don't know the definition of obvious anymore.

I prefer a second option - PS4 BC. Both have the same architecture and the long term goal is to retain gamers into the same ecosystem.

On topic, I have the PS3 on in case I want to play through a game in my immense backlog, but I'm focused on playing the PS4 now.

You can prefer all you want, doesn't mean Sony share your preferences. They've discovered the gold vein with remasters this gen, so don't count on any free BC in future Sony consoles either.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Waiting for: Ni No Kuni II, Dragon Quest XI, Ys VIII, Trails of Cold Steel 3, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

User Info: Ada-Wong-Fan

Ada-Wong-Fan
5 months ago#119
Playing PS3 for Games not on PSN Now
Without Stella = 29.99-39.99 Buy / With Stella = Full Price, Resident Evil Series R.I.P. 1996-2002 thanks to False 4-6 False Revelations 1-2.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Still using the PS3 in 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived