This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Friendly Reminder: Do a periodic maintenance in your playstation 3.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Friendly Reminder: Do a periodic maintenance in your playstation 3.

User Info: darkoj

darkoj
6 months ago#41
phatpenguin posted...
I can still find genuine PS3 controllers for roughly around that price.

Where?
PSN: darkoj-
Single and ready to... not mingle, but rather, fathom existence and maybe... listen to jazz? Gaming it is.

User Info: phatpenguin

phatpenguin
6 months ago#42
darkoj posted...
phatpenguin posted...
I can still find genuine PS3 controllers for roughly around that price.

Where?

In various game and toy stores in my country. Please note I'm not from the US.
You have read a smart post. You receive 5 intelligence points

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
5 months ago#43
Maybe we can add a list of games known to freeze the system, even with the latest patches? Much like computers forced reboots can't be healthy for the system.

For me the worst offender was Homefront. I have never played such an unstable game.

I've also heard Fallout 3 is pretty bad, although I can't verify it personally.

User Info: RyanEsau

RyanEsau
5 months ago#44
Nice guide.

I've opened up my PS3 Slim like twice for cleaning to keep it in good shape. Never had a wirebasket under it though. Most of the life of it, I had it flat/horizontal. (Probably like 2009-Late 2013) Ended up noticing how my PS3 would get hot during my long GTAO sessions and tried using the laptop cooling pad I had and it was great. Even when I played all day/night, the system didn't get hot. So I used it always from that point on.

Might try opening/cleaning later down the line with my recently acquired 60GB (Phat) PS3. Using the same laptop cooling pad with it since I imagine it could definitely use it if it came in use for the Slim.

Never tried any of the other stuff though. Might give that 'Restore File System' a try for fixing corrupted data on my PS3 Slim.

I was displeased when Tekken Tag Tournament 2 updated (was like the first update a week after launch.) and my just earned platinum/100% save got corrupted. Never found any help (that worked) online. Think I still have the save on there, so maybe it can be repaired...

It's not as bad as losing like a 100+ hr save in a RPG but I still was displeased to lose my save. Alot of people from what I recall had the same issue as me (albeit maybe not many with 100%/plat...?), getting their save corrupted. From what I remember, the supposed cause was if you had customized Combot or whatever before updating, your save got corrupted when the new update was applied. They had released a update afterward I believe that was a fix but it didn't fix on my end, still corrupted.
PSN: RyanEsau | https://psnprofiles.com/RyanEsau
PC: i7-6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC | https://www.steamcommunity.com/id/gamingtothemax

User Info: OutcastNeedGuy4

OutcastNeedGuy4
4 months ago#45
How do I avoid games that freezes my PS3 console alot and is there a list of PS3 games that does freeze my PSe or I'm I closed buying my third PS3 console in three years.

User Info: Rayvenblood

Rayvenblood
4 months ago#46
3rd PS3 in 3 years? ouch...
I have 3 PS3's but they all work great. Use one for disc games & other for digital download games , music & video.
3rd is a back-up for when one (or both) die off. After many, many years, I thought it would have happened sooner.

As for games that freeze up: it doesn't actually damage your console to the extent of no longer being able to run. I've played many "freezing" games such as Skyrim, Fallout 3 & others (still play Fallout: New Vegas regularly) but after a freeze I head to safe mode, clean corrupted files (option 3) & it's good as new.

I also clean with a Swiffer as I fear opening my PS3's. Seems you have a bad run of luck if games kill your PS3. Or perhaps I'm very lucky. lol
Very few games are glitch-free. The one game that's totally 100% smooth & is absolute perfection has never been released. Or ever will...
PSN: rayven-blood (GTAVO)
Some walk with Jesus, others are running with the devil, but I sit with my beer.
(edited 4 months ago)

OutcastNeedGuy4
4 months ago#47
Rayvenblood posted...
3rd PS3 in 3 years? ouch...
I have 3 PS3's but they all work great. Use one for disc games & other for digital download games , music & video.
3rd is a back-up for when one (or both) die off. After many, many years, I thought it would have happened sooner.

As for games that freeze up: it doesn't actually damage your console to the extent of no longer being able to run. I've played many "freezing" games such as Skyrim, Fallout 3 & others (still play Fallout: New Vegas regularly) but after a freeze I head to safe mode, clean corrupted files (option 3) & it's good as new.

I also clean with a Swiffer as I fear opening my PS3's. Seems you have a bad run of luck if games kill your PS3. Or perhaps I'm very lucky. lol
Very few games are glitch-free. The one game that's totally 100% smooth & is absolute perfection has never been released. Or ever will...

I have alot o good luck on my PS3 because I'm no longer getting game freezing but my lens of the PS3 is scratching my games making them very dirty.Like one game that has this was dynasty warriors 7.

User Info: PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer
4 months ago#48
I should read these boards more often. I never knew this. Thank you for this post.
~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#49
@PS2Gamer posted...
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

OutcastNeedGuy4
3 months ago#50
Does anyone have issues with Youtube app on the PS3 failed at update download after I download the this item from my PS3 download list.My PS3 is becoming more useless console.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Friendly Reminder: Do a periodic maintenance in your playstation 3.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.