This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this the way to buy US PSN games in Europe? (persona 4)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is this the way to buy US PSN games in Europe? (persona 4)

User Info: DJSnafu23

DJSnafu23
1 year ago#1
Hi guys,

would be obliged for a little help! I've literally just finished my PS3 games after so many years, and wanted to buy some games off the US PSN...namely Persona 4, Suikoden, FF Tactics and maybe any other RPG/Strategy ones I can find not available in Europe. I've never done this before, so hope someone can help me confirm how I should go about it:

1.Create US PSN account on laptop.
2.Buy stuff on laptpop again (where should i buy currency?). I got an address from Borderlinx
3.Then log into this new account on my PS3, and go to download list??? Will games appear there even though i never DLed them on the ps3?

Final question: if the above is correct, will all the games work? I dont care about DLC.

MANY THANKS! I'm insanely excited about this!

User Info: DualArms

DualArms
1 year ago#2
1) The steps are correct. It is actually faster to buy games from the desktop version of PlayStation Store.

2) You can buy US PSN currency cards from Amazon. Alternatively, find a local shop that sells US PSN cards.

3) Yes, you can download the games from your Download List.

4) There are only two region-locked games that are currently existing for PS3, which are Persona 4 Arena and Joysound Dive. They can only be played at specific PS3 console regions, as US version of Persona 4 Arena can only be played on US region PS3. Other than those two games, you can play any downloaded games on your PS3 regardless of regions.
PSN ID: ChaosRaiden999 (Blank Friend Requests will be ignored)
Youtube Channel: https://goo.gl/qFxBz4 | Reviews Blog: https://goo.gl/Qk7uyY

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
1 year ago#3
I haven't seen every game tested in every conceivable way, but there's NTSC/PAL issues for SDTVs and SD content. US region PS3s have no 50Hz option and may halt with an error screen when trying to play 50Hz-only games.
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?

DJSnafu23
1 year ago#4
Wow thanks so much for the detailed answers!!! I've been looking into games all night and found 12 I need!!! I really can't wait to finally play these, really appreciate the help!!!

DJSnafu23
1 year ago#5
I may have spoken too soon regarding currency:( The US amazon won't sell me these, and the UK doesn't stock them. Some altenratives have awful reviews...Anyone out here in the UK know a reliable place I can get them?

User Info: defunct32

defunct32
1 year ago#6
DJSnafu23 posted...
I may have spoken too soon regarding currency:( The US amazon won't sell me these, and the UK doesn't stock them. Some altenratives have awful reviews...Anyone out here in the UK know a reliable place I can get them?

By currency, do you mean PSN card for US region? If that's the case you may want to try:

https://mobile.pcgamesupply.com

They sell US PSN cards for use with US PSN account.

If this isn't what you are asking then I'm sorry.
PSN: defunct32 / 3DS FC: N/A

DJSnafu23
1 year ago#7
Thanks again! I saw some bad reviews for that site, but did find a near 100% feedback guy on ebay so I'll go with that! Might try a 10 dollar one first just to make sure it work and then if everything's ok go with the full amount. Thanks for your help!

defunct32
1 year ago#8
DJSnafu23 posted...
Thanks again! I saw some bad reviews for that site, but did find a near 100% feedback guy on ebay so I'll go with that! Might try a 10 dollar one first just to make sure it work and then if everything's ok go with the full amount. Thanks for your help!

No problem. Have fun! Let me know what you have and will be purchasing in the future? I'm on the hunt for PS3 RPGs myself, always looking.

DJSnafu23
1 year ago#9
Hi Defunct! I took a hiatus after my N64 so skipped PS1 and PS2...so these might be obvious to you but after excessive research, from the ones avaulable the must plays are

Grandia
XenoGears
Suikoden I-V
ALundra
Arc The lAd
nobunagas ambition
legend if dragoon
Persona 2-4
chrono cross
vagrant story
wild arms

Let me know if you play any! About to start xenogears:)

defunct32
1 year ago#10
DJSnafu23 posted...
Hi Defunct! I took a hiatus after my N64 so skipped PS1 and PS2...so these might be obvious to you but after excessive research, from the ones avaulable the must plays are

Grandia
XenoGears
Suikoden I-V
ALundra
Arc The lAd
nobunagas ambition
legend if dragoon
Persona 2-4
chrono cross
vagrant story
wild arms

Let me know if you play any! About to start xenogears:)

Whoops! Didn't noticed you replied! Good recommendations! And I have most of those but all's good. Let's see now, you should consider Stella Deus, am looking to buy Vandal-Hearts: Flames of Judgment next week, and right now obsessing over Persona 5 (PS4).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is this the way to buy US PSN games in Europe? (persona 4)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived