This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Warning! If your wifi or bluetooth are not working then...

User Info: PLAY3R_ON3

PLAY3R_ON3
4 years ago#1
your bluetooth/wifi board is probably not working so don't update your ps3 system. you'll get an update error loop and there is no way to fix it but replacing your ps3 motherboard.

this has just happened to me. my controllers weren't working wirelessly and i thought it was the battery so i was using them with the usb cable and also i was using a wired internet connection so i didn't notice that my wifi/bluetooth board was not working so when i got the update message i just went ahead and updated my ps3 and now i'm getting the 8002F1F9 ERROR, after i looked all over the internet i figured it all out, and there is nothing on the internet to warn you about it so this is just a warning to you guys.

Good luck, peace.
"Is not a Zombie is a ZOMBIEVA!" - Dr. Neil Watts "To the moon"

User Info: huyi

huyi
4 years ago#2
wow, that really is bad but what do you expect.
UK Female Gamer
AMD FX 8320 3.5ghz Gigabyte AMD R7 250 2GB DDR5 8GB RAM 2TB HDD You don't have to buy it, it's optional m'kay.

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
4 years ago#3
Damn, talk about a killer update...
Excuse my typos. Gamefaqs removed the spellcheck option before I post.

User Info: dementedlullaby

dementedlullaby
4 years ago#4
So mine updated fine =/ glad I dodged this bullet since I only read this after.

If a FW update kills an out of warranty Playstation 3/4/Vita due to a bug in the code what does Sony do for the consumer? Anything?
"If you can make gamers happy, you can make anyone happy." - IBM

User Info: tomcatobitrice

tomcatobitrice
4 years ago#5
dementedlullaby posted...
So mine updated fine =/ glad I dodged this bullet since I only read this after.

If a FW update kills an out of warranty Playstation 3/4/Vita due to a bug in the code what does Sony do for the consumer? Anything?

Now we know why sony sends out so many updates.
To fix corrupted data issues:
Make sure your system is clean, take your disc and snap it in half. Throw your system out the window. Should work perfectly now.

User Info: delfrickintree

delfrickintree
4 years ago#6
That really sucks man.

I'm not sure why you'd need a new motherboard? Cant you replace the wifi card, reformat the hdd, and start anew?

User Info: huyi

huyi
4 years ago#7
dementedlullaby posted...

absolutely nothing but you will be out of pocket and you be charged a fee to repair for their mishaps though.

a way back there was a firmware update that killed a lot of 60gb ps3s and all those people had to foot the bill for the damages, sony is great is it not?
UK Female Gamer
AMD FX 8320 3.5ghz Gigabyte AMD R7 250 2GB DDR5 8GB RAM 2TB HDD You don't have to buy it, it's optional m'kay.

User Info: PLAY3R_ON3

PLAY3R_ON3
4 years ago#8
delfrickintree posted...
That really sucks man.

I'm not sure why you'd need a new motherboard? Cant you replace the wifi card, reformat the hdd, and start anew?

i'll try to do that, i really don't want to lose all my Dragons Dogma data, that would kill me.
"Is not a Zombie is a ZOMBIEVA!" - Dr. Neil Watts "To the moon"

User Info: gillz107

gillz107
4 years ago#9
Is this confirmed anywhere else?
I like 2 teams: The Red Sox, and whoever beats the Yankees.

User Info: delfrickintree

delfrickintree
4 years ago#10
PLAY3R_ON3 posted...
delfrickintree posted...
That really sucks man.

i'll try to do that, i really don't want to lose all my Dragons Dogma data, that would kill me.

Seeing as how motherboard and hdd are "tied" together, you're going to have to lose it one way or the other. My hdd got caught in a corruption loop earlier this year, I tried all the tricks to get it to work. Ended up having to just reformat it, lost everything :(
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Warning! If your wifi or bluetooth are not working then...
  • Topic Archived