This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I just found out the Resistance 3 servers are back online. Did anyone else know?

User Info: skermac

skermac
5 years ago#1
A few months ago they shut down servers for all 3 Resistance games. The only one I still played mp consistently was Resistance Fall of Man and 3 sometimes, didn't like 2 mp. But I am happy one server was brought back and I hope they bring back the RFOM server. I played RFOM mp off and on for 7 years! I should check today to see if mp is back for RFOM. It's one of the best games on the PS3 imo. Resistance fans sound off! Anyone happy?
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: GiappasBenz

GiappasBenz
5 years ago#2
Weird, didn't see that coming. I still hope they bring back the patches for R1, since there's no other way to get them unless you buy the digital version, which is available only in Europe. I haven't played R3 online that much, probably a couple of matches to get some minor "medals" that give credits for unlockables. I preferred R2's co-op mode :/ (i didn't even touch competitive modes in that game, btw). I came very late to the party.

User Info: ATTACK__CAT

ATTACK__CAT
5 years ago#3
I played all 3 in all modes a lot (R2 co-op all 3 classes maxed etc). Got well over my 10k kills competitive.

The thing that killed the series for me was going from dedicated servers R2 (and high player count) to p2p R3. I NEVER lagged in R2… then I go to R3 and I get lagged quite a bit, which combined with the unusual and not particularly balanced weapons to make the game nowhere near as fun as R2.

In R2 weapons had 'butter zones' where it beat all other weapons equal skill assumed etc. Everything was viable and situational, and it was picking the right tool for the right job, and covering your team. (I know K/D doesn't mean a lot but this is an example) I had 6+ k/d with the sniper rifle, and 2.8+ with the bullseye (my most used weapon) but I used everything except the wraith and the shotgun quite regularly (because they overlapped with my love for the bullseye) - it was all about taking the right weapon to the right fight depending on where it was happening on the map.

R3 was just a mess from weapon balancing… and the weird perk/ability things did not work well. Smaller teams and unbalanced maps (spawn camping with a rocket launcher and the refill ammo thing across the entire map on that one map, if you played it you probably know)… and to top it off lag. Just not as fun… but R2 community was dying/dead.

User Info: Stinky123321

Stinky123321
5 years ago#4
I would prefer R2 to R3 well at least the co-op mode,i really hope if they do another resistance game they bring back the co-op mode from R2.
My psn is my username
http://psnprofiles.com/Stinky123321

User Info: distr0ia

distr0ia
5 years ago#5
By the time I played through R3, there was already talk of the mp servers going down, so I never bothered going online

I just might have to check it out now.

User Info: judge-sal

judge-sal
5 years ago#6
im so damn happy about this! been with Resistance since day 1, and R3 was my most played MP.
can't wait to pop it in again and bring out the Deadeye, lol.

I wish there was a better way to spread the word about this, because I'm sure not many people know.
RESISTANCE 3 IS BACK, BABY!

skermac
5 years ago#7
judge-sal posted...
im so damn happy about this! been with Resistance since day 1, and R3 was my most played MP.
can't wait to pop it in again and bring out the Deadeye, lol.

I wish there was a better way to spread the word about this, because I'm sure not many people know.

I wish there was a better way to let everyone know too. I googled it and nothing about it. I found out on Facebook. But come on down, I might see you playin sometimes :)

User Info: judge-sal

judge-sal
5 years ago#8
I found out from the dead Resistance 3 board, lmao. guess we just have to tell people ourselves.

for some reason the game made me start from scratch. :(

I was remnant 10.

ahh well. my psn is shemhazai48, I'm sure you'll see me around a lot.
RESISTANCE 3 IS BACK, BABY!

skermac
5 years ago#9
bump

User Info: AkiraRagnas

AkiraRagnas
5 years ago#10
No way, this is awesome!
A manslayer is a manslayer until the day he dies.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I just found out the Resistance 3 servers are back online. Did anyone else know?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A