This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Weird Controller Glitch - Left on Analog is Right on the D-Pad

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
5 years ago#1
Ok, I was playing Dead Rising off the Record with my old PS3 controller (First Gen Dual Shock 3) and a weird glitch kept popping up.

When I'd move left on the Analog Stick, it would randomly hit right or down on the D-pad (no i was not touching it) I tested it out multiple times, and even spun the analog stick around. The glitch would keep happening, as if the signals inside the controller were crossed.

I switched to another controller but.. it was just weird to have happen repeatedly honestly.
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
5 years ago#2
A couple of mine do the exact same thing. Turning them off, then back on usually does the trick.
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U

User Info: Sephiroth Clone

Sephiroth Clone
5 years ago#3
Just give the controller a good whack, seems to fix it.
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl2

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
5 years ago#4
Tried turning it off then on, glitch persisted.
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Weird Controller Glitch - Left on Analog is Right on the D-Pad
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers