• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Now we know why The Witcher 2 never came to PS3 and why W3 will not be on it
tomcatobitrice 7 years ago#1
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-for-xbox-360-or-ps3-would-be-impossible-dev-says/1100-6417274/
To fix corrupted data issues:
Make sure your system is clean, take your disc and snap it in half. Throw your system out the window. Should work perfectly now.
affro786 7 years ago#2
I don't see any reason why Witcher 1 and 2 couldn't run on PS3. It is easily doable.

I played them on my PC hooked into my TV though, with a Dualshock 3 paired wirelessly using MotionJoy.

So I had a PS3 experience.
ToadWarrior 7 years ago#3
He didn't say Witcher 2 couldn't run on PS3, just that It'd take a long ass time to make a port of the same quality as the 360 version.
tomcatobitrice 7 years ago#4
ToadWarrior posted...
He didn't say Witcher 2 couldn't run on PS3, just that It'd take a long ass time to make a port of the same quality as the 360 version.

This.
Make sure your system is clean, take your disc and snap it in half. Throw your system out the window. Should work perfectly now.
Dicer7 7 years ago#5
ToadWarrior posted...

Yeah if it took em a year just to port it to 360 I can't imagine a PS3 port ever being worth the time or money. Especially for a small company like CDPR.
tomcatobitrice 7 years ago#6
Dicer7 posted...
ToadWarrior posted...

Yeah if it took em a year just to port it to 360 I can't imagine a PS3 port ever being worth the time or money. Especially for a small company like CDPR.

I am just glad I own both systems. The Witcher 2 is easily in my top 3 game of this generation.

With all the praise of The last of us being "game of the generation" TW2 has a better story, way longer game, HUGE consequences based on your decisions and much better gameplay than TLOU.
Dicer7 7 years ago#7
I'm with you on that. I liked TLoU but I'd rank The Witcher 2 above it, though I think it's not easy to compare a RPG to action/adventure or whatever you consider TLoU is. I'd rather compare it to BioWare games since it pretty much does everything BioWare tries to do but way better. Particularly morality and player choice.
ToadWarrior 7 years ago#8
Yeah I had the 360 version of W2 as well great game.. I dunno about ranking it against other games, but I think it'd do pretty well about most.
affro786 7 years ago#9
I agree The Witcher 2 had a great story, an abundance of options with multiple repurcussions and was a much bigger game in terms of scope and content. I loved it.

Still enjoyed The Last of Us a lot more though.

I dunno why, but when I think game of the gen, The Witcher just doesn't come to mind.

I'd say The Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite took the gen.
ToadWarrior 7 years ago#10
I will say I thought the last 1/3rd of the game was pretty lame compared to the earlier parts (Especially the first forest chapter)

But I only played the game once. On the Iorveth Path.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Now we know why The Witcher 2 never came to PS3 and why W3 will not be on it
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A