This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. keep disconnecting due to a DNS error?

User Info: BossDragoon

BossDragoon
5 years ago#1
there's nothing wrong with my router in fact is like brand new had to replace the old messed up one. So I keep getting disconnected from online games recently and frequently. It's on the wireless setting. I never had this problem before with this router. fixes?
our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt

User Info: KrustyBrownRing

KrustyBrownRing
5 years ago#2
Can you browse web pages?

Turn off the ps3, power cycle the router (unplug for 10 seconds or so), turn it back on then the ps3 and do a connection test.

User Info: BossDragoon

BossDragoon
5 years ago#3
KrustyBrownRing posted...
Can you browse web pages?

Turn off the ps3, power cycle the router (unplug for 10 seconds or so), turn it back on then the ps3 and do a connection test.

yea that's what's funny I can browse and not sign in
our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt

User Info: KrustyBrownRing

KrustyBrownRing
5 years ago#4
Try the power cycle. If that doesn't work see if the DNS settings on your ps3 match the ones on your computer and router (ipconfig /all in cmd prompt). Maybe they are out of sync and need manually input.

User Info: Kylo_Ren_

Kylo_Ren_
5 years ago#5
I believe its a PSN thing, I have been booted off a few times recently, all while playing GTA V online. Modem, Router, and Internet is fine.
"Alot of XBOX refugees pouring in lately." - PS1 Patriot
"PLAY at your own risk"

User Info: dascylus

dascylus
5 years ago#6
MGS4SNAKE posted...
I believe its a PSN thing, I have been booted off a few times recently, all while playing GTA V online. Modem, Router, and Internet is fine.

Been doing that a lot to me today, all my connection settings are fine, everything is good... just keep getting booted from the PSN every hour or so.

User Info: Michael_Patcher

Michael_Patcher
5 years ago#7
Whenever I hear DNS I think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihH_-O7ev2o
Current victim of mod abuse

User Info: Mikeugame

Mikeugame
5 years ago#8
I had that a couple months ago I just changed my DNS to google DNS and I haven't had that problem since.
"PLAY BEAT PLATINUM"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. keep disconnecting due to a DNS error?
  • Topic Archived