This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Name me at least ONE game that felt or was incomplete without its DLC

User Info: Golden_Maven

Golden_Maven
7 years ago#1
I have never come across a game that felt or was incomplete without its available DLC. I want a solid example.

Go. The generation is almost over, DLC was controversial. Now we have the benefit of hindsight for the most part, time to justify all the complaining and whining with examples.

*taps foot*

User Info: ToadWarrior

ToadWarrior
7 years ago#2
The cel-shaded Prince of Persia ended in a cliff hanger that was resolved in DLC.

User Info: merqabah

merqabah
7 years ago#3
asuras wrath they took the ending
assasins creed 2, ever wondered why you didnt do anything in forli? its because they cut the chapters related to it are released as dlc.
dead space 3, didnt feel incomplete, but turns they took the ending out.
mass effect and dragon age, they cut day one conetent and characters and sold the separetely.
lords of shadow, dont know what happened there, but a big part of the story was released as dlc
Prince of persia sold the ending apart
.arkham city, the catwoman parts deal with major villains, and they were cut
PSA: Their/there/they're are not the same, nor then/than and should of does not exist it's should have

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
7 years ago#4
Asura's Wrath.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom

User Info: DotsAndLines

DotsAndLines
7 years ago#5
Asura's Wrath: ending is DLC.
Lords of Shadow: Why Gabriel turned into Dracula is completely unexplained without DLC.
Basically when major plot sequences are missing due to DLC, it qualifies as incomplete by definition.

Also when fighting games have characters as DLC it definitely feels incomplete. Characters are the heart and soul of fighting games.

And the reality is that whenever anything is stripped out of the disc to purposely sell separately as DLC, it is incomplete.
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.

User Info: Anarchy612

Anarchy612
7 years ago#6
A suras wrath is the best example as the actual ending is dlc
Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!
+1 Internet's to whoever can tell me where that quote is from

User Info: Brocken_Jr

Brocken_Jr
7 years ago#7
castlevania harmony of despair

not only are about half the levels dlc, the ps3 version came a year later, and we STILL had to pay!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wymzoZYvw
http://www.psnprofiles.com/SHINOBI_3

User Info: GoatJugSoup

GoatJugSoup
7 years ago#8
the catwoman stuff definitely felt like it was just ripped from the main game of arkham city
http://psnprofiles.com/meecegoatsalot
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken

User Info: KingJames304

KingJames304
7 years ago#9
Street Fighter X Tekken
Tomb Raider Underworld
Batman Arkham City
SoulCalibur V
PSN: ModelJames13
I hate locked saves!

User Info: AnonUnknown

AnonUnknown
7 years ago#10
Brocken_Jr posted...
castlevania harmony of despair

not only are about half the levels dlc, the ps3 version came a year later, and we STILL had to pay!!!!

Well but we got a whole chapter and two characters for free :O but yeah it feels incomplete without all the content.

I also agree with Lords Of Shadow, overpriced or not, they explain two important things regarding the main character.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Name me at least ONE game that felt or was incomplete without its DLC
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A