This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What does the VSS and BASS IMPACT do in the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset Elite?

User Info: UltimatesTruth

UltimatesTruth
6 years ago#1
So what's the point of the button "VSS" and "BASS IMPACT" in the headset? turning VSS on and off doesn't seem to show anything in the XMB screen on the PS3 like the other options, and what's the really point of these two options?

Do Bass Impact improve my gaming experience or something? I'm not that much into headsets so don't call me a dumb, alright >_>?

and the mic in this headset, it's placed in weird spot, I'm afraid that when I talk to my friends, they will here everyone in the room and whatnot.. that'd be awkward lol, can anyone ensure me that the mic isn't actually as bad as I think?

Did the headset adapter break or stopped working for any of you guys?

P.S: kinda prefer the previous version of this headset, the traditional PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset, it was simple, looks sexy but the stupid adapter breaks after 2-3 years of using it.

UltimatesTruth
6 years ago#2
I need a man to stand up and answer my question!

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
6 years ago#3
VSS is the same as it was before. "Virtual surround sound". It's just Sony's term for turning 2 channel audio into fake surround sound or "directional hearing"

Bass impact is supposed to pulse around the earcup according to the manual. Sounds like a gimmick.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: cdaro

cdaro
6 years ago#4
I have no idea what VSS is, but Bass Impact is this thing where it causes the headset to vibrate to the bass, and you can set it to game, music, etc. It's just a cool little thing to use.

And I've never had any problems with the mic. People hear me clearly, and I don't think they can hear anyone else. (Unless they purposefully yell into the mic or something.)

I've only had mine for a year, but everything is still a-ok.

Edit: Ah yeah, Virtual Surround Sound. I never bother with it, which is why I didn't even know what it was.
http://i.imgur.com/dhoyf.jpg

UltimatesTruth
6 years ago#5
Sigh. Mass Impact is annoying as f****!
damn I wasted my money on this crap -.- should've bought the original Stereo Headset, cheaper and as good as the Pulse but without the Mass Impact which is absolutely pointless and useless.

User Info: DrGonzo615

DrGonzo615
6 years ago#6
UltimatesTruth posted...
damn I wasted my money on this crap -.- should've bought the original Stereo Headset, cheaper and as good as the Pulse but without the Mass Impact which is absolutely pointless and useless.

Ive owned both and sound reproduction is better on the Pulse....yeah I hardly ever use the Bass Impact feature but the Bass is better on the pulse even without it.
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg

UltimatesTruth
6 years ago#7
DrGonzo615 posted...
UltimatesTruth posted...

Ive owned both and sound reproduction is better on the Pulse....yeah I hardly ever use the Bass Impact feature but the Bass is better on the pulse even without it.

The sound reproduction is the exact same for both headsets IMO, then again I'm not a "headset" type of guy so I might be wrong.

I recommend everyone who's reading this topic buying the original Stereo Headset because it's pretty damn cheap compared to the Pulse and it's perfect for video games. One thing I never understood is how on earth can they make the Pulse THAT ugly while the original headset looks much better.

User Info: SoaringDive

SoaringDive
6 years ago#8
The original doesn't have auxiliary support. Only buy the original if you're a weirdo that needs a headset solely for own console...
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive

User Info: tinfoil21

tinfoil21
6 years ago#9
UltimatesTruth posted...
One thing I never understood is how on earth can they make the Pulse THAT ugly while the original headset looks much better.

It's all preference, as I think the Elites look WAY better. The original model looks like a bulky piece of trash, but it was still a good headset. Even though I rarely use the BassImpact on my Elites, I love them way more than my pair of the originals. The only real downside to the Elites, IMO, is that they're slight less comfortable and can make you warm after awhile.
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and have his shoes.

UltimatesTruth
6 years ago#10
SoaringDive posted...
The original doesn't have auxiliary support. Only buy the original if you're a weirdo that needs a headset solely for own console...

I actually agree, buy the original PS3 Stereo headset if you're a weirdo that only cares about using it on the PS3 lol, but it works fine on the PC btw, it's not a Turtle Beach or an Astro but it's good and that's all I'm gonna say lol.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What does the VSS and BASS IMPACT do in the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset Elite?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers